Stocks were sold then bought on my account without my consent?

Itsbecauseofthem

Question

5 answers to this question

I’m in the process of transferring to a new broker from IG. They’ve specified that during this process I should not be trading any of my transferring shares YET, IG has saw fit to execute a sell bid on my behalf without my consent on VUL: 50, TWE: 10, and WEB: 30 of my shares!! And in the middle of my transferring to a new broker no less!! Could anybody shed light on this and weather it’s a usual thing IG does to clients ?!? 

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 12.33.45 am.png

Edited by Lewy
Adding evidence
14 hours ago, AndaIG said:

Hi @Itsbecauseofthem

Thanks for reaching out, 

ZIP company had an ISIN change, so the shares under the old ISIN were sold and bought back under the new ISIN. You can change your book cost by following the steps on the following link:

https://www.ig.com/au/help-and-support/investments/share-trading/how-do-i-edit-my-book-cost

All the best, 

Anda

Hi AndalG, does this mean I have lost money?

On 22/04/2022 at 00:58, Lewy said:

I’m in the process of transferring to a new broker from IG. They’ve specified that during this process I should not be trading any of my transferring shares YET, IG has saw fit to execute a sell bid on my behalf without my consent on VUL: 50, TWE: 10, and WEB: 30 of my shares!! And in the middle of my transferring to a new broker no less!! Could anybody shed light on this and weather it’s a usual thing IG does to clients ?!? 

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 12.33.45 am.png

Hi @Lewy,

These positions were closed at the level price of 0, meaning there were closed manually by our team to be transferred. The system requires our team to close the positions at 0 to be modified, the same process happens for Corporate actions.

All the best - Arvin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• OKX Referan s Kod u: “66641920” olarak kullanilir. Dünyada en çok kullanılan, ömür boyu geçerli, en yüksek indirim oranına sahip OKX referan s kod udur. OKX kripto para borsasına kayıt olurken “Davet Kod u” yazan yere “66641920” yazınız. Alacağınız işlem ücreti indirimi % 30'dür. Ayrıca 10.000$’a varan bonus kazanabilirsiniz. Kripto para borsası OKX Referan s Kod u: “66641920” ile vadeli işlem yani futures işlem ücreti indirimleri ve spot ve marjin işlem ücreti indirimleri kazanırsınız. Ayrıca bonuslar ve bir çok promosyon kazanırsınız. Teknoloji ve finans dünyasında yatırım ve ticaret yapmak için hemen OKX borsasına: “66641920” referan s kod u ile kayıt olun.
    • The SP500 and NASDAQ may still be in Wave iv), likely nearing the final stages of their wave four pattern. There are no major changes in the Elliott Wave counts for tech stocks, just normal adjustments. Our strategy is to continue holding our long positions. The Nasdaq is forming a classic Trading Levels pattern around 20,000, making it easy to track, though it remains in the resistance stage. AMZN is a key leader but is also encountering resistance at Major level TL2|200, similar to the Nasdaq. Meta is in a favorable position above TL5|500, retesting it as support. Bitcoin and Ether may have their lows in place, but another potential low could form, with Bitcoin needing support around 63,000 to confirm stability.  
    • Bybi t Referra l Code: Used as “RFBRTHD”. It is the Bybi t referra l code, which is the most used in the world, valid for life, and has the highest discount rate. When registering to the Bybi t cryptocurrency exchange, write “RFBRTHD” where it says “Referra l Code”. The transaction fee discount you will receive is 33%. You can also earn up to $30,000 in bonuses. With the cryptocurrency exchange Bybi t Referra l Code: “RFBRTHD”, you earn futures transaction fee discounts and spot and margin transaction fee discounts. You also get bonuses and many promotions. To invest and trade in the world of technology and finance, register now to the Bybi t exchange with the referra l code "RFBRTHD".
us