Can you add more than one of each indicator to a chart?

swlloyd3

Question

Hi,

I would like to be able to add 2 x MACD indicators to the same chart with differing settings. Is this possible?

Currently the adding of indicators is via a checklist selection so clicking again just turns off the indicator. Can we have a way to add multiple of the same type or am I missing a setting?

Stephen.

6 answers to this question

12 hours ago, swlloyd3 said:

Hi,

I would like to be able to add 2 x MACD indicators to the same chart with differing settings. Is this possible?

Currently the adding of indicators is via a checklist selection so clicking again just turns off the indicator. Can we have a way to add multiple of the same type or am I missing a setting?

Stephen.

Hi @swlloyd3,

Thank you for your post. You can't have the MACD twice on the same chart. I will forward you feed back to the relevant team.

You can alternatively duplicate the chart:
image.png

You can then have two MACD with different settings on the same screen:
image.png

I hope that it helps !

All the best - Arvin

Hi Guys,

Yes, you can add multiple instances of the same indicator to a chart to compare different parameters or timeframes. This feature enables deeper analysis by overlaying various data points within the same chart, providing insights into correlations or divergences. Multiple indicators offer a comprehensive view of trends and patterns, enhancing the effectiveness of technical analysis.