IG platform is still not fixed and locking me out for 50 mins unable to trade, lost so much money!

Someuser

Question

I have contacted IG about this ongoing issue via email, have not heard back, it's been 5 weeks. 

Mobile platform:

The prices stop updating, account balances disappear, happened 3 times, for about 30-50 mins, around 13:30 to 15:30 uk time. 

During this time, markets were open and my trades exposed. Lost gains and unable to close positions resulting in massive losses. 

IG have failed to provide satisfactory service. I wish no longer to trade with this company and ask that money is returned.

7 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Someuser said:

I have contacted IG about this ongoing issue via email, have not heard back, it's been 5 weeks. 

Mobile platform:

The prices stop updating, account balances disappear, happened 3 times, for about 30-50 mins, around 13:30 to 15:30 uk time. 

During this time, markets were open and my trades exposed. Lost gains and unable to close positions resulting in massive losses. 

IG have failed to provide satisfactory service. I wish no longer to trade with this company and ask that money is returned.

Hi @Someuser,

Thank you for our post. We are sorry to hear that you had some difficulties trading on the Mobile platform. 
Please send all the details and screenshots (if available) to helpdesk.uk@ig.com.

Our team will be able to investigate and come back to you accordingly.

Thank you - Arvin

Just now, ArvinIG said:

Hi @Someuser,

Thank you for our post. We are sorry to hear that you had some difficulties trading on the Mobile platform. 
Please send all the details and screenshots (if available) to helpdesk.uk@ig.com.

Our team will be able to investigate and come back to you accordingly.

Thank you - Arvin

Thank you for your reply, as i have mentioned in my past, i already emailed 2x 5 weeks ago, i have not had a response from your team.

2 hours ago, Someuser said:

Thank you for your reply, as i have mentioned in my past, i already emailed 2x 5 weeks ago, i have not had a response from your team.

Hi @Someuser,

It seems that a team member responded to your query on the 24th of August to your registered email address.

If you need further assistance you will need to reach out to helpdesk.uk@ig.com as they will be able to investigate further.

Thanks again - Arvin

3 minutes ago, ArvinIG said:

Hi @Someuser,

It seems that a team member responded to your query on the 24th of August to your registered email address.

If you need further assistance you will need to reach out to helpdesk.uk@ig.com as they will be able to investigate further.

Thanks again - Arvin

I have just checked my email (and junk) i have not received any replies. Please can you forward again? I have been checking every day since 20 August, the day i emailed IG.

Thank you.

43 minutes ago, ArvinIG said:

Hi @Someuser,

I will try to get it sent again shortly.

Thanks - Arvin

I have received your email just now, i have reviewed it. I my respectfully disagree with the response provided as it fails to address ALL my described platform issues. 

I have emailed in my response with video of the platform locking me out for 50 mins, which i was able to get on screen record. This video shows and demonstrates the exact problem that has now occured 4 times.

2 times it led to loosing potential gains as i couldnt close the positions in green which i wil locked out.

3rd time bot allowing me to close my position sooner leading to massive losses due to price dip.

The second email i sent on 1 Sept, (while i waited for the response from the first email of 20 Aug), has not been responded to also. Can you please check this?

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Someuser said:

I have received your email just now, i have reviewed it. I my respectfully disagree with the response provided as it fails to address ALL my described platform issues. 

I have emailed in my response with video of the platform locking me out for 50 mins, which i was able to get on screen record. This video shows and demonstrates the exact problem that has now occured 4 times.

2 times it led to loosing potential gains as i couldnt close the positions in green which i wil locked out.

3rd time bot allowing me to close my position sooner leading to massive losses due to price dip.

The second email i sent on 1 Sept, (while i waited for the response from the first email of 20 Aug), has not been responded to also. Can you please check this?

Thank you.

Hi @Someuser,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done on the IG Community, this type of queries are dealt by the IG Helpdesk and the Dealing desk.

I would recommend to either email helpdesk.uk@ig.com or call 0800 409 6789 for a resolution.

Thank you - Arvin