How can you turn of the IG TV notifications

Murk

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi there!

Regarding the notification tab located on the platform's right-hand side, there isn't a specific option available to deactivate it. Nonetheless, it's possible to conceal it manually by clicking on the three horizontal lines situated at the top right corner. The platform will acknowledge the action, and the next time you open it, the notification tab will remain hidden.

image.png

All the best,
AshishIG

Hello Ashish,

It's not the tab we are talking about. There is a "pop up" that is shown when IG TV comes online even with the notifications tab Closed. It's VERY annoying as it pops up over the dealing ticket. It gets directly in the way, and myself I am not interested in the IG talking heads to be honest.

I am rather surprised that no-one else is complaining about this. I wonder Ashish if you could speak to the UI team about this? My account may be small, but I was considering setting up a SIPP with IG, but this is an annoying rough edge I think on the platform and so I may not do that now.

I know it's been like this for a couple of years at least, but I thought it might been adjusted by now.

Thanks,

Jason

• Like 1

I share Murk's sentiment and would like to add that if you enable alert sound effects, you are forced to get alerts for the news feed as well as price alerts/notifications.

There is no sound setting for JUST price alerts. It shouldn't be that hard to have a toggle switch to disable the news/twitter feed entirely.

The constant IG TV icon kills me too, especially when it glitches and you cannot close these popups. 

L

14 hours ago, Lfray said:

I share Murk's sentiment and would like to add that if you enable alert sound effects, you are forced to get alerts for the news feed as well as price alerts/notifications.

There is no sound setting for JUST price alerts. It shouldn't be that hard to have a toggle switch to disable the news/twitter feed entirely.

The constant IG TV icon kills me too, especially when it glitches and you cannot close these popups. 

L

Dear @Lfray,

Thank you for your post! We appreciate your feedback about the IG TV pop-up. While there isn't currently a way to switch it off, we'll pass along your suggestion to the team.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG