Spread

smithj

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi @AshishIG, I have the exact same question. I'll send you a DM with a screenshot.

Edit: looks like I can't send you a DM. Here's the screenshot anyway taken from the web/desktop site:Screenshot2023-11-16at09_38_48.thumb.png.a85f9940f761506e26cd7cd1d41c998b.png

This help and support page has a screenshot (when one expands the 'spread' section) which shows that the spread should be shown between the Sell/Buy buttons on the Deal section.

Edited by HydroBoy
Added information
29 minutes ago, HydroBoy said:

Hi @AshishIG, I have the exact same question. I'll send you a DM with a screenshot.

Edit: looks like I can't send you a DM. Here's the screenshot anyway taken from the web/desktop site:Screenshot2023-11-16at09_38_48.thumb.png.a85f9940f761506e26cd7cd1d41c998b.png

This help and support page has a screenshot (when one expands the 'spread' section) which shows that the spread should be shown between the Sell/Buy buttons on the Deal section.

Hi @HydroBoy,

Thank you for your post.

Please note that the spread is visible for all other markets besides the shares. The reason for this is because:

- For CFD Shares: We take the underlying and charge a commission instead of adding spread.

- For spread bet shares: We take the underlying and include both our spread and the market spread. The spread can vary depending on market conditions and applies to both opening and closing transactions. Market spreads can widen significantly, particularly at the beginning and end of the trading day, and minimum spreads may exist. Our spread for a particular share or ETF is calculated as a percentage of the current price

Our spread information on spread bet shares is on our website: Shares Spread Bet

You can also see the spread cost by clicking on 'View full costs' in the deal ticket after selecting your size and direction.

image.png

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

• Like 1

Please rate us on Trustpilot: IG Trustpilot 

33 minutes ago, HydroBoy said:

Hi @KoketsoIG,

Thanks for the reply, I just checked non-share markets and they do show the spread. Interestingly, the mobile app shows the spread for shares. Would it be possible to ask for an improvement on the desktop application to add the spread for spread bet shares?

Thanks!

Dear @HydroBoy,

Yes, thank you so much for the suggestion. Please note that we have forwarded the feedback to the relevant team.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

• Like 1

Please rate us on Trustpilot: IG Trustpilot