System Order Closed, but i didn't have a Stop or Margin Call.

nit2wynit

Question

5 answers to this question

9 hours ago, nit2wynit said:

Hi, I had a Long on Velocys PLC that System Closed, but I had no Stop in place as it's At the Bottom anyway.

Enough Funds to cover.

Please explain?  Thanks

Dear @nit2wynit, Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the Long position on Velocys PLC was closed due to a Limit order. For more information on Limit orders, please visit https://www.ig.com/en/glossary-trading-terms/limit-order-definition. If you have additional questions or any disputes, kindly email us at helpdesk.uk@ig.com 

All the best,
AshishIG

9 hours ago, AshishIG said:

Dear @nit2wynit, Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the Long position on Velocys PLC was closed due to a Limit order. For more information on Limit orders, please visit https://www.ig.com/en/glossary-trading-terms/limit-order-definition. If you have additional questions or any disputes, kindly email us at helpdesk.uk@ig.com 

All the best,
AshishIG

Thank you for your swift reply @AshishIG

I'm not sure I follow the Limit Order example.  My position was already open at 0.73, but dropped to 0.25 and had been there for several days before It was closed automatically.

With the position so close to 0, my plan was to leave it to fail.   The Spread on this is very small and was nowhere near 0 at the time of closing.   

I have another position open now at 0.24.     Can I expect this to close prematurely if it drops to far?  I have no Stop in place on this trade either.

Thank you.

55 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

I should add that I can't actually place a Stop as the minimum is 1point.

Dear @nit2wynit,

Thank you for your post.

Please note that I will need your account details to check your order history so we can be able to provide a sufficient explanation.

I've just sent a DM to you now. Please check your inbox.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

Please rate us on Trustpilot: IG Trustpilot 

14 minutes ago, KoketsoIG said:

Dear @nit2wynit,

Thank you for your post.

Please note that I will need your account details to check your order history so we can be able to provide a sufficient explanation.

I've just sent a DM to you now. Please check your inbox.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

Hi, I don't seem to be able to open messages.  Clicking the icon and nothing is happening.  I've tried Chrome and firefox.

Thanks