Bitget x Messi 1 year anniversary, crypto industry has come far

Crypto industry maybe seen as one of the fastest growing industries in the world today, boasting of a remarkable growth that is capable of making many forget in a hurry all the hurdles it had to beat during its infancy. Although not void of limitations still, no industry is anyways, it has well exceeded early expectations and earned global interest.

So scrolling through my Instagram feeds today and seeing the footballing icon and 8th time Ballon d'or winner, Lionel Messi’s post of him celebrating his 1 year anniversary partnership with the crypto exchange, Bitget, I was left reminiscing all the challenges the industry had to overcome to get to where it is today.

As a crypto enthusiast who is eager to see the industry reach greater heights, such high-profile partnership thrills me. For one, for the industry to leap further, the issue of lack of trust must be resolved. Lionel Messi well understands his position in his country Argentina as a demi-god, his 500m global followers on IG idolise him. He and his crew must have done their background checks before endorsing the crypto exchange to protect his reputation and also for his followers’ interest.

The global reach from this partnership is also a win for the exchange and the industry in general. It portrays the exchange as trustworthy and reliable, and readily welcomes newbies, further boosting crypto adoption. 2009-2023 has been an adventurous journey for the crypto industry, there might have been some tides here and there but the ship is sailing smoothly.

Has crypto industry striked mainstream adoption to afford sealing high-profile partnerships like this? 

Screenshot_20231127_233034_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Incarts

Every evolving industry must overcome some significant challenges in order to be well rooted. A lot has been going on lately regarding issue of trust by cryptocurrency exchanges so it's a good development to see top personality like Messi partner with cryptocurrency exchange like Bitget. 

Bitget must have seen the star in Messi before the world cup commenced and went for him as an ambassador to showcase their excellence of service. I've been using the platform for a while now and I can say they've been trying a whole lot, from the Launchpad to CandyBomb and also their native token BGB went well what I think they should improve on is the p2p marketplace where they can make more coins available for trades.

9 hours ago, XTRAVAGANZA said:

Messi has written his name in the sands of time. I dare say he is immortal, he has challenged and excelled all limits to the point he is now the new limit. This partnership is GOATED cos it has brought more exposure for the exchange considering MESSI's popularity.

I think his partnership with Bitget is actually a success considering considering he also won 2 ballon d'or  and Bitget has continuously grown I the process. I feel more 20 million registered users in 5 years since inception is unprecedented. 

8 hours ago, Maxicreed01 said:

I think his partnership with Bitget is actually a success considering considering he also won 2 ballon d'or  and Bitget has continuously grown I the process. I feel more 20 million registered users in 5 years since inception is unprecedented. 

Hehe did you just say 2 ballon d'or? Messi has 8! The most any player has managed in history, 3 more than Ronaldo. If Messi had only 2, I doubt he'd have the GOAT status he has today 

9 hours ago, Maxicreed01 said:

considering he also won 2 ballon d'or

1 hour ago, Incarts said:

Messi has 8! The most any player has managed in history, 3 more than Ronaldo

Hi @Maxicreed01 and @Incarts

You are right @Incarts, Lionel Messi is the most decorated player in the history of the Ballon d'Or award, with eight titles. Cristiano Ronaldo is behind him in second, having won it five times, while Michel Platini, Johan Cruyff and Marco van Basten each won it three times.

Who is the GOAT footballer of all time?
Is Lionel Messi the greatest of all time along with Diego Maradona and Pele.

Contenders for the GOAT footballer:

Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldinho, Diego Maradona and Pele

• Like 1
5 hours ago, MongiIG said:

You are right @Incarts, Lionel Messi is the most decorated player in the history of the Ballon d'Or award, with eight titles. Cristiano Ronaldo is behind him in second, having won it five times, while Michel Platini, Johan Cruyff and Marco van Basten each won it three times.

Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldinho, Diego Maradona and Pele

If personal awards are criterion for choosing GOAT, then Messi obviously is the GOAT but combining both personal achievement and individual records, Pele is clearly the man.

• Like 1
On 30/11/2023 at 09:56, MongiIG said:

I would say Pele remains the undisputable Greatest Of All Time yah.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, XTRAVAGANZA said:

I would say Pele remains the undisputable Greatest Of All Time yah.

Well, everyone is entitled to his opinion and has his yardstick for conclusion on his GOAT. Considering awards and personal glory Messi and CR7 top the list but we cannot write off players like Eusebio, Alfredo Di Stefano, Baggio, and George Weah (African GOAT).

5 hours ago, Captainsaudi said:

Well, everyone is entitled to his opinion and has his yardstick for conclusion on his GOAT. Considering awards and personal glory Messi and CR7 top the list but we cannot write off players like Eusebio, Alfredo Di Stefano, Baggio, and George Weah (African GOAT).

You may be right but in this generation, Messi's achievement surpass all other players hence, his recognition as the best player of his generation. We might not see his type again or maybe I'm wrong, only time can tell!

11 hours ago, BashJasper said:

You may be right but in this generation, Messi's achievement surpasses all other players hence, his recognition as the best player of his generation. We might not see his type again or maybe I'm wrong, only time can tell!

I don't think the football world will witness the likes of Messi and CR7, especially the rivalry between their fans in a long time. Both players have a huge impact on their fanbase and that is why their involvement in crypto is a welcome development. 

1 hour ago, Captainsaudi said:

I don't think the football world will witness the likes of Messi and CR7, especially the rivalry between their fans in a long time. Both players have a huge impact on their fanbase and that is why their involvement in crypto is a welcome development. 

Well said man, these two are the best players with unique talents, skills & dexterity. They commands huge fans which have been leveraged on imho.

17 minutes ago, gandalf03 said:

Well said man, these two are the best players with unique talents, skills & dexterity. They commands huge fans which have been leveraged on imho.

Yeah, I believe Bitget and Binance made the wisest decision to partner with such talent and help the whole industry reap from their influence in increasing crypto adoption. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/12/2023 at 18:01, Captainsaudi said:

Yeah, I believe Bitget and Binance made the wisest decision to partner with such talent and help the whole industry reap from their influence in increasing crypto adoption. 

Nance... I don't think so , because Cristiano Ronaldo faces $1bn lawsuit over Binance ads😑. But yeah, Messi have chosen the right one at least till now .... 

Oh btw, I would love to have one of these~

images (8).jpeg