How to prepare for the next crypto bull run

Despite the approval of the Bitcoin spot ETF, the sentiment around the market is not what investors actually expected. Also, it is quite uncertain if the BTC post halving will lead to the next bull run hence it’s important to have a plan mapped out while anticipating the next bull run. There quite a lot of the strategies to consider but I will discuss 6 of them below.

a. Research potential investments thoroughly
Before you start investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential to take your time to research, study, analyze and understand the crypto project’s fundamentals, team, goals, roadmap and potential for growth.

b. Watch out for market sentiment
You should also monitor the all-around sentiment in the crypto market as it will help you to make informed decisions during investment. You can monitor the market sentiments by staying updated about the latest news, keeping an eye on expert opinions and insight, and following market indicators or trend. 

c. Diversify your portfolio
When it comes to cryptocurrency investment or any other kind of investment, you don’t put all your eggs in one basket. It is crucial to diversify your investments across different cryptocurrencies and areas within the crypto market. Diversification is a strategy that can you manage risk and maximize profits. While the certainty is not assured, you might want to consider some earn product like Shark Fin, Smart Trend, Dual Investment and many other product that investors are using to stay afloat in this period.

d. Set clear investment goals
Before you start investing in crypto you must set out clear investment goals so that you don’t lose focus along the line. Establish your investment goals, risk tolerance, as well as the time horizon before you enter the market. Setting up a clear plan will help you make more reasonable investment decisions.

e. Use dollar-cost averaging
Rather than trying to time the crypto market, try the DCA strategy by investing a fixed amount of cash at regular intervals. This method can help to minimize the effect of short-term price changes and decrease the risk of joining the market at a high point.

f. Take your profits when necessary
While it is important to have a long-term investment plan, don’t be among the moonboys and ensure you take profit when you attain your targets. By doing this, you lock in profits and avoid terrible losses during crypto market corrections.

Hopefully this piece will be of help while we await the crypto bull run, do you have other strategies that could be vital for readers, feel free to add in the comment section. 

• Thanks 1

I have two major trading styles I often use for my trades. First one I learnt when I started crypto was spot trade to buy and Hold some coins, mostly for the long term and if I need to do some short term trades, I use copy trading on Bitget and it has been helpful, especially when the market is ranging. I'd have tried some DEX bounties but the gas fee looks too much for me. 

What are your indicators?

17 hours ago, Wakanda said:

Despite the approval of the Bitcoin spot ETF

'Bitcoin's ETF approval marks its maturity as an investment'

The 18% loss seen in the immediate aftermath of the approval of the ETF a few weeks ago was the market retracing back into the 200% gains seen in Bitcoin over the previous 14 months.

Written by: Jeremy Naylor | Analyst, London | Publication date: 

But, Hector McNeil, founder and CEO of HANetf, says if the pattern is repeated from the first EFT in gold two decades ago, then this is the beginning of the maturity of Bitcoin into an investment that will form part of many portfolios.

He says the ‘wild west’ that was the trading environment of cryptocurrencies will increasingly be a thing of the past. Then, on from this point, is likely to come ETF approvals for other cryptos such as Ethereum.

The Bitcoin ETF

The Bitcoin ETF, a type of investment fund, was approved a few weeks ago. On its first day, the 10 new funds together brought in around $4.7 billion. However, the price of Bitcoin has since dropped by about 18%. Hector McNeill, who helped create the first gold ETF 20 years ago and is now the CEO of HANetf, discusses how these two types of ETFs are similar. He thinks ETFs are valuable because they allow people to invest in assets that are typically difficult to trade.

Additionally, ETFs offer protections and are regulated, unlike the crypto world. McNeil hopes that the approval of the Bitcoin ETF by the SEC will encourage regulators like the UK's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to be more open to cryptocurrencies.

One advantage of ETFs, according to McNeil, is that investors can have a regulated product and combine all their investments in one place. Currently, the FCA only allows professional investors to access Bitcoin through a special product called spot Bitcoin. However, retail investors have other options like proxies. McNeil hopes that the FCA will eventually see the value of regulated products in providing investor protection and the ability to trade cryptocurrencies.

Gold ETF

McNeil uses the example of the first gold ETF to explain how ETFs can make an asset more accessible. Before the gold ETF, people had to physically own gold, which was inconvenient for online businesses. The gold ETF allowed people to own gold on a shared and fractional basis, backed by good delivery bars.

In the same way, McNeil believes that the Bitcoin ETF will lead to a wider adoption of Bitcoin. This will make Bitcoin less speculative and more of a long-term investment and diversifier for portfolios. Although the price of Bitcoin will still have some ups and downs due to limited supply, McNeill predicts a steadier rise over time.

KOIN ETF

McNeill also suggests that Bitcoin is chosen by many people as a store of value and a hedge against the conventional financial system, just like gold. He believes that the technology behind Bitcoin makes it function well as a currency, and that criticisms of Bitcoin, such as money laundering, also apply to traditional currencies. As more people adopt Bitcoin, McNeil thinks central banks and governments will need to find ways to digitise their currencies.

In terms of accessing Bitcoin in the UK, McNeil mentions the KOIN ETF, which provides exposure to companies heavily influenced by the price of Bitcoin. He thinks this is a good option for retail investors and expects more ETFs for other cryptocurrencies like Ethereum in the future.

Overall, McNeill sees parallels between the gold ETF and the Bitcoin ETF, and believes that the wider adoption of Bitcoin will lead to a more stable and valuable asset class.

This information has been prepared by IG, a trading name of IG Markets Limited. In addition to the disclaimer below, the material on this page does not contain a record of our trading prices, or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instrument. IG accepts no responsibility for any use that may be made of these comments and for any consequences that result. No representation or warranty is given as to the accuracy or completeness of this information. Consequently any person acting on it does so entirely at their own risk. Any research provided does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any specific person who may receive it. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such is considered to be a marketing communication. Although we are not specifically constrained from dealing ahead of our recommendations we do not seek to take advantage of them before they are provided to our clients. See full non-independent research disclaimer and quarterly summary.

19 hours ago, Wakanda said:

Despite the approval of the Bitcoin spot ETF, the sentiment around the market is not what investors actually expected. Also, it is quite uncertain if the BTC post halving will lead to the next bull run hence it’s important to have a plan mapped out while anticipating the next bull run. There quite a lot of the strategies to consider but I will discuss 6 of them below.

Before you start investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential to take your time to research, study, analyze and understand the crypto project’s fundamentals, team, goals, roadmap and potential for growth.

You should also monitor the all-around sentiment in the crypto market as it will help you to make informed decisions during investment. You can monitor the market sentiments by staying updated about the latest news, keeping an eye on expert opinions and insight, and following market indicators or trend. 

When it comes to cryptocurrency investment or any other kind of investment, you don’t put all your eggs in one basket. It is crucial to diversify your investments across different cryptocurrencies and areas within the crypto market. Diversification is a strategy that can you manage risk and maximize profits. While the certainty is not assured, you might want to consider some earn product like Shark Fin, Smart Trend, Dual Investment and many other product that investors are using to stay afloat in this period.

Before you start investing in crypto you must set out clear investment goals so that you don’t lose focus along the line. Establish your investment goals, risk tolerance, as well as the time horizon before you enter the market. Setting up a clear plan will help you make more reasonable investment decisions.

Rather than trying to time the crypto market, try the DCA strategy by investing a fixed amount of cash at regular intervals. This method can help to minimize the effect of short-term price changes and decrease the risk of joining the market at a high point.

While it is important to have a long-term investment plan, don’t be among the moonboys and ensure you take profit when you attain your targets. By doing this, you lock in profits and avoid terrible losses during crypto market corrections.

Hopefully this piece will be of help while we await the crypto bull run, do you have other strategies that could be vital for readers, feel free to add in the comment section. 

My approach to long-term investing involves utilizing Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA), while I employ copy trading as a short-term investment tool. I predominantly opt for Bitget's copy trading platform due to its substantial selection of skilled and profitable traders to emulate.

13 hours ago, Megamind said:

I have two major trading styles I often use for my trades. First one I learnt when I started crypto was spot trade to buy and Hold some coins, mostly for the long term and if I need to do some short term trades, I use copy trading on Bitget and it has been helpful, especially when the market is ranging. I'd have tried some DEX bounties but the gas fee looks too much for me. 

Using the exchange’s copy trading has been one of my best decisions as a newbie. Transiting to real trading was cumbersome for me after I had mastered demo trading, however upon using Copy trading I've been able to stay profitable while I develop better in the field

On 25/01/2024 at 21:28, Wakanda said:

You have said it all, a trading strategy will guide how you will enter and exit trades in the markets in a manner that enhances profitability and reduces risk exposure,  it can be based on technical analysis or fundamental analysis, I prefer technical anyways, which one do you normally use?

16 hours ago, Megamind said:

You obviously are a conservative type of trader and ya, it's good to always play safe and with current upgrade on Bitget copy trading we could see more improvement in terms of trading experience particularly as selecting Elite traders will be hassle free.  

Can't say we actually understand what was about happening in the market when etf entered the market but the plot is getting thicker atm. However options are readily available as to where and how to navigate the present market having seen the potentials of bot trading and copy trading

7 hours ago, BashJasper said:

Can't say we actually understand what was about happening in the market when etf entered the market but the plot is getting thicker atm. However options are readily available as to where and how to navigate the present market having seen the potentials of bot trading and copy trading

Well on a personal note, I haven't consider bot or copy trading as part of my short term strategy coz I learnt it also carry some risk if an investor isn't able to find the right elite trader to follow, perhaps I will consider it when the system can use technology to identify and suggest good elite traders investors can copy....for now, am still strictly using the shark fin product and it has been quite good.

2 hours ago, Wakanda said:

Well on a personal note, I haven't consider bot or copy trading as part of my short term strategy coz I learnt it also carry some risk if an investor isn't able to find the right elite trader to follow, perhaps I will consider it when the system can use technology to identify and suggest good elite traders investors can copy....for now, am still strictly using the shark fin product and it has been quite good.

I love your trading sentiment and risk management idea thou is good to try out new features in the industry provided it will increase your portfolio and help to diversify your asset and boost trading experience. With bitget now upgraded copy trading by giving users the ability to have a separate account for futures copy trading and other added features that aim to simplify trading experience and increase chance of being profitable. I think is time to diversify. 

On 25/01/2024 at 21:28, Wakanda said:

To add to the points you've made so far particularly in the area of using earn products, investors can also utilise flexible savings as this will help them earn some daily APR % on any products they subscribe to. I use this on Bitget. 

12 hours ago, Abizee said:

To add to the points you've made so far particularly in the area of using earn products, investors can also utilise flexible savings as this will help them earn some daily APR % on any products they subscribe to. I use this on Bitget. 

Talking of APR, I think it would be a good one if it's a decent one cos it's one good way to earn passively imho.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2024 at 03:11, Ambivert3 said:

Talking of APR, I think it would be a good one if it's a decent one cos it's one good way to earn passively imho.

The APR percentage isn't bad over there ... Good & stabilized way to earn passive income!

IMG_20240210_201200.jpg