New Platform

cate

Hi,

I've been holding onto the old platform as long as I could, because I really don't like the new one,  but now it's being decommissioned I'm trying to use the new one finally. ☹️ 

On the old platform I had a choice of WTI either as a 1 euro or a £1 contract, and the same for Gold. But when I search on the new platform all I get is the  £1 contract as well as an absolute ton of ETFs. It doesn't even say it's the £1 version, it just calls itself "spot gold" which is a bit confusing because it looks as though you might be buying a full lot, not just a mini contract. Can anyone tell me how to find the 1 euro contracts, or are they just not available on the new platform?

Many thanks,

Cate 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, cate said:

Hi,

I've been holding onto the old platform as long as I could, because I really don't like the new one,  but now it's being decommissioned I'm trying to use the new one finally. ☹️ 

On the old platform I had a choice of WTI either as a 1 euro or a £1 contract, and the same for Gold. But when I search on the new platform all I get is the  £1 contract as well as an absolute ton of ETFs. It doesn't even say it's the £1 version, it just calls itself "spot gold" which is a bit confusing because it looks as though you might be buying a full lot, not just a mini contract. Can anyone tell me how to find the 1 euro contracts, or are they just not available on the new platform?

Many thanks,

Cate 

Dear @cate,

We're sorry to hear you didn't like the new platform. The old platform is being decommissioned, so we recommend using the new one. You can find the same markets by using the search function. For example, when I typed 'crude oil' on both platforms.

image.png

image.png

To select the desired contract on the new platform, simply click on the market you want and then choose from the dropdown menu.

image.png
The E1 contract is only available for Europe accounts, not UK accounts on both platforms.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

• Like 1

Please rate us on Trustpilot: IG Trustpilot 

Just now, KoketsoIG said:

Dear @cate,

We're sorry to hear you didn't like the new platform. The old platform is being decommissioned, so we recommend using the new one. You can find the same markets by using the search function. For example, when I typed 'crude oil' on both platforms.

image.png

image.png

To select the desired contract on the new platform, simply click on the market you want and then choose from the dropdown menu.

image.png
The E1 contract is only available for Europe accounts, not UK accounts on both platforms.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

This is the E1 contract from an IG France account.

image.png

All the best,

KoketsoIG

• Like 1

Thanks very much, @KoketsoIG. I hadn't discovered the drop down menus - it all makes much more sense now! It's odd about the E1 contracts - it must be a new change, because I'm in the UK and I currently hold some of the E1 positions that I opened a few weeks ago. Anyway, at least now I understand what's going on.

I'll try not to bother you with too many questions as I get used to the new platform!

Best wishes,

Cate

11 hours ago, cate said:

Thanks very much, @KoketsoIG. I hadn't discovered the drop down menus - it all makes much more sense now! It's odd about the E1 contracts - it must be a new change, because I'm in the UK and I currently hold some of the E1 positions that I opened a few weeks ago. Anyway, at least now I understand what's going on.

I'll try not to bother you with too many questions as I get used to the new platform!

Best wishes,

Cate

@cate,

No worries, it's all a pleasure. Don't worry about bothering us; we are here for all your queries. 😊

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

• Like 1

It is a real shame IG is decommissioning the old platform, as the ability to hear and see price changes over numerous companies is not available on the new platform.

One hopes, this feature will be added to the new platform before the plug is pulled on the old one given there is still a month to go..

Many thanks,

Peter

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, bulltraderpt said:

It is a real shame IG is decommissioning the old platform, as the ability to hear and see price changes over numerous companies is not available on the new platform.

One hopes, this feature will be added to the new platform before the plug is pulled on the old one given there is still a month to go..

Many thanks,

Peter

Dear @bulltraderpt,

Thank you for your valuable feedback! It has been forwarded to the teams in charge of the new platform.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

I am at a loss to understand why IG Index would have stated they are going to take their old platform off line before ensuring the new one would do exactly what the old does.

I can see customers going to other platforms if they don't at least ensure the really great features on the old one aren't migrated over to the new one.

I implore you to please make your development team aware of potential ramifications of closing the old platform down before ensuring the new one does exactly the same features.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bulltraderpt said:

I am at a loss to understand why IG Index would have stated they are going to take their old platform off line before ensuring the new one would do exactly what the old does.

I can see customers going to other platforms if they don't at least ensure the really great features on the old one aren't migrated over to the new one.

I implore you to please make your development team aware of potential ramifications of closing the old platform down before ensuring the new one does exactly the same features.

Dear @bulltraderpt,

No worries, we will relay the message. Please also reach out if you have any questions on how to navigate the new platform.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KoketsoIG said:

Dear @bulltraderpt,

Please also reach out if you have any questions on how to navigate the new platform.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

I will, but as stated, it's the list page which I use the most for my trading. I use another provider for live charts.

If you get the list thing sorted that would be great!

• Like 2
On 29/02/2024 at 07:59, KoketsoIG said:

Dear @bulltraderpt,

No worries, we will relay the message. Please also reach out if you have any questions on how to navigate the new platform.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

Good evening,

Do you have any update on whether the developers are going to ensure that the listen function of various markets and shares are going to be migrated from the old platform to the new one please?

As you know, this doesn't as yet, seem to be happening and if you can try and get some clarity on this, I as a customer would really appreciate it, as others have also indicated. 

Many thanks,

bulltraderpt

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

The Alerts do not function or can be edited the same as it is in the old platform. THAT will be a real turn off for me. It's been a long while that alerts do not function the same (ie the editing of alerts). I'll be looking elsewhere if that function is not fixed pronto. Hope you get onto it.

• Like 1

It is incredibly short sighted that IG haven't thought about how good the old platform and implemented some kind of mirroring system to the new platform.

It's like someone has pulled the plug without even looking into why a lot of people still prefer the old platform for certain things which can't, as yet, be accessed in the new platform. 

This is poor to say the least.

• Like 2

I too was hanging on to the old platrform.... the new one is appalling ! I have complained about so many features the old one has that the new one doesn't. In particular I used to log in to the old platform Monday morning and not log out till Saturday... it was running on my computer all the time and had a setting so that as long as you interractsd that it would not log you out for up to 12 hours so if you did anything in the platform it restarted the 12 hrs. The new one in 3 days has randomly logged me out 3 or 4 tiles already. The last one I had opened a position just 9 mins before hand and then it logs me out so I had to urgently log back in and set up all the windows and screens and it mucked up the order of things in my watch lists. Just appaling!

They have had about 6 or 7 years to get it right... has anyone seen them request traders to make comments or contributions? Not me.

The main workspace can oonly contain about a quarter of the info on the old, the columns on the watch lists are not adjustable in width so it takekes up about 40% more space than it needs, you can't do proper history reports on closed position as it does not give the times of the trades unless you download it as a csv and then the times are UK times and I am in Australia for heaven's sake!

The screen doesn't flash as the old one did so almost looks static.

It is just rubbish.

• Like 2
On 03/04/2024 at 16:31, Thinker said:

I too was hanging on to the old platrform.... the new one is appalling ! I have complained about so many features the old one has that the new one doesn't. In particular I used to log in to the old platform Monday morning and not log out till Saturday... it was running on my computer all the time and had a setting so that as long as you interractsd that it would not log you out for up to 12 hours so if you did anything in the platform it restarted the 12 hrs. The new one in 3 days has randomly logged me out 3 or 4 tiles already. The last one I had opened a position just 9 mins before hand and then it logs me out so I had to urgently log back in and set up all the windows and screens and it mucked up the order of things in my watch lists. Just appaling!

They have had about 6 or 7 years to get it right... has anyone seen them request traders to make comments or contributions? Not me.

The main workspace can oonly contain about a quarter of the info on the old, the columns on the watch lists are not adjustable in width so it takekes up about 40% more space than it needs, you can't do proper history reports on closed position as it does not give the times of the trades unless you download it as a csv and then the times are UK times and I am in Australia for heaven's sake!

The screen doesn't flash as the old one did so almost looks static.

It is just rubbish.

Tryl, not quite as good but, MUCH better than IG's pathetic new platform. 

Is there a central thread that IG is using for bug reporting now we have to use the new system? I really hate the design and for me it's so much worse than the old trading platform, but there are also actual bugs that need fixing. It would be good to have an official channel to report them when users find them.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, cate said:

Is there a central thread that IG is using for bug reporting now we have to use the new system? I really hate the design and for me it's so much worse than the old trading platform, but there are also actual bugs that need fixing. It would be good to have an official channel to report them when users find them.

I, like others, have tried, both by phone and on this board as you can see. They aren't listening and won't listen until enough customers move to other platforms.

• Like 2