API /session v3 no longer works

tfyfe

Question

Hi, I have been using the REST API for some months now successfully and as of this week it has stopped working. 

I am trying to login to my demo account. I receive the following error in my app and also on the API companion. 

V2 of the /session API works fine with the same username, password, api key etc.  

URL

https://demo-api.ig.com/gateway/deal/session

Headers

Name=Value

Content-Type=application/json; charset=UTF-8

Accept=application/json; charset=UTF-8

X-IG-API-KEY=my api key

Version=3

Body

{
    "identifier": "my username",
    "password": "my password"
}

Result

HTTP 401

content-length: 50
content-type: application/json

{
    "errorCode": "error.security.oauth-token-invalid"
}

12 answers to this question

Had the same issue. I emailed the helpdesk and they said 

That is a known issue that our team is currently investigating.  You  can reference

INC0761055 should you need an update on it.

I have the same issue, started yesterday evening:

trading_ig.rest.IGException: HTTP error: 401 {"errorCode":"error.security.oauth-token-invalid"}

I run everything via git/container and therefore  confident I have not changed anything.

I do run multiple sessions (3x) using the same account, wondering if this is now being stopped.

I have not had a single issue for more than a year.

• Like 1

I had this issue yesterday actually, The API needs to be better documented. It seems to be abandoned but VERY helpful and useful for some of us. The only way I find out is by literally looking at the JSON responses as the documentation is out of date. 

Same for me, it stopped working this week with no changes to my code base. 
I can sort of get the api companion working at labs.ig,com but i can't for the life of me figure out how that can work by my code doesn't. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• The crypto community is facing a growing threat from deepfakes - sophisticated AI-generated fake identities that can bypass KYC and security measures. According to reports, there has been a staggering 217% increase in detected deepfakes in the crypto sector from Q1 2023 to Q1 2024, and a 245% rise across all industries. To tackle this issue, crypto exchange Bitget has partnered with Sumsub, a KYC verification provider, to enhance security for its 25 million users worldwide. Sumsub claims to offer over 99% accuracy in identifying and preventing deepfake scams through its AI-powered deepfake detection and fraud prevention tools. While this partnership aims to strengthen security, the threat of deepfakes is a concerning one for the crypto ecosystem. These sophisticated identity frauds can lead to stolen identities, emptied accounts, and a loss of trust in the space. What are your thoughts on the deepfake threat in crypto? Do you think the Bitget-Sumsub partnership will be effective in mitigating this risk? Share your opinions and experiences. .
    • Dunno whether lots of us out there still enjoy any sort of gameplay experience these days. I was almost bored to boredom playing my PS 5, so I wanted to try out new ones. I've found a few but still not wanna get addicted to another boredom, that's why I'm here asking for your suggestions which of my new picks is worth the experience (of course, I wanna try more like P2E this time; haha wanna get some incentives while playing too)? Personally, I've always had a soft spot for sandbox games like Minecraft. There's something about building and exploring that really gets me going! And with P2E games like The Sandbox, I can earn rewards while doing what I love. It's a win-win! I recently discovered GamerHash, which lets me monetize my idle CPU/GPU power while playing. It's been a game-changer (pun intended)! I can earn GHX tokens while playing games, staking, or even generating AI images. The utility application is so cool - I can use my hardware to generate AI images or chat with an AI module. It's like having my own personal assistant! But my concern is whether my earnings can be withdrawn and sold like any other crypto. Anyways, I'll try withdrawing some to Bitget today to see if it's practically possible. I'm also trying out Ultra  What are your suggestions?
    • Figured out that some of the FX pairs dont have good liquidity, so which pair you trade the most on?
us