Trying To Trade The "DAX" - Why do i get this message?? ...

Guest tradermonty

Guest tradermonty

Why am i getting this message

The order level you have requested is too close to the current market level.

The minimum distance for this market is 300 per point.

Hi   Presumably you are trying to put in a stop loss order or trying to move an existing stop loss order. The minimum distance changes with volatility throughout the day and so far this morning the Dax minimum stop has swung between 10, 15 and 30 points on the new platform. If you are using the MT4 platform you are dealing in lots rather than pounds per point so £1 per point on the IG platform  becomes 0.1 lots and 10,15, 30 points becomes 100, 150, and 300, so 300 equates 30 points on MT4. On both platforms you can use the minimum level then tighten it often just a few minutes later and you are still able to close the trade manually at any point no matter where the stop. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tradermonty

I was just trying to put the same trade on - exactly as i do most days of the week

This particular day it said i couldnt trade as the "buy or sell price"

(I cannot remember whether i was buying or selling this particular day)

Whichevever i was trying to do - It was too near that level in the market already

and that it had to be a mimimum of 300 points away

"Which Is Not True!!"

• 10 months later...

I get an error message "ORDER LEVEL TO CLOSE TO MARKET LEVEL" when trying to place limit orders.  I can understand for STOP orders but this makes no sense for limit orders.  Does anyone have more info on this order placement restriction?

Guest elina7677
On 26/01/2019 at 16:10, eric3700 said:

I am new in this forum. Please Suggest Me Some Online Financial Trading Courses for Spread In Betting & Forex.

YouTube has a whole swathe of educaitonal material, the only problem is it may take some reseraching to find it all in an orderly fashion!
But I suggest you check out these Forex and Spread betting guides that I cam across recently: [mod edit - no promotional material please]

Guest eric3700
On 26/01/2019 at 08:21, elina7677 said:

YouTube has a whole swathe of educaitonal material, the only problem is it may take some reseraching to find it all in an orderly fashion!
But I suggest you check out these Forex and Spread betting guides that I cam across recently: https://www.mytradingskills.com/spread-betting-guide and this: https://www.mytradingskills.com/forex-for-beginners

If you don't mind can I send you a private message to discuss more on this topic?

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...