PRT ALERTS WHEN PRO ORDER STOPS

OSCARDAX

Question

I found out a few weeks ago after I contacted IG that if you are live trading PRO ORDER by PRT and the system shuts down, because say IG have significantly increased the minimum stop requirements you are NOT warned of this at all - which is quite shocking to say the least. You are live trading a system with real money, it shuts down (for any number of reasons) and you do not know about it until you log in again !

I cannot understand why the PRT software does not incorporate this simple step i.e. system closes, send the user an email or SMS. I mean when you are trading real money and the system closes it could cost you a lot of money, if you were away for example you could be totally unaware till your return...I did email IG actually a few weeks ago and even they were surprised and said they'd forward this to PRT. But this could take ages to incorporate it into the new version. 

Again I am really surprised here ! 

7 answers to this question

Guest WillA

Hi @OSCARDAX, the feature @GraHal mentioned should be coming to IG PRT in the near future however I'm unsure exactly when.

Whilst it will be good when it does, even email is not 100% reliable and that's why there is a level of responsibility on the client to frequently check the state of their ProOrder strategies. As you said this is real money, so it's in your interest to do this.

If you are away you can phone up at any time and check whether any ProOrder trades have been rejected.

Cheers,

Will

Yes email and a push notice to the mobile app when systems stops would be an improvement

and if it was possible to open up/access proorder in the mobile app and using this to start and stop systems (and check performance and stopped systems)

it would be even better

GraHal, many thanks for that, yes hopefully on its way soon by PRT. 

I am ALWAYS (24/7)  in the market with my pro-order system. Hence the only way for my system to stop is generally if IG change the minimum stop required on say the DAX (which I trade) which conflicts with the stop 'set' on my pro-order. So I guess I would tick 'option 2'. 

Out of curiosity I cannot see this live on pro-order at the moment, where did you get that 'Position and order status after stop of systems' snippet from ? ! 

Oscar Dax 

9 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Yes email and a push notice to the mobile app when systems stops would be an improvement

and if it was possible to open up/access proorder in the mobile app and using this to start and stop systems (and check performance and stopped systems)

it would be even better

yes fully agree, i think you can stop pro order on your mobile app though ? 

9 hours ago, WillA said:

Hi @OSCARDAX, the feature @GraHal mentioned should be coming to IG PRT in the near future however I'm unsure exactly when.

Whilst it will be good when it does, even email is not 100% reliable and that's why there is a level of responsibility on the client to frequently check the state of their ProOrder strategies. As you said this is real money, so it's in your interest to do this.

If you are away you can phone up at any time and check whether any ProOrder trades have been rejected.

Cheers,

Will

Hi Will, yes i fully agree and generally  I do check at the end of the day but technically I should not have to as my system is operating 24/7. Obviously there are always going to be times when you are abroad with a poor signal or say ill at home or any other odd event, an SMS and e-mail from PRT would really help.

Bottom line is that these are meant to be automated systems - if you have to keep checking them or any checking ANY automated system, it ceases to be 'automated' IMHO anymore ! 

Thanks - Oscar Dax 

Archived