How to trade the Dow using Reflex Trader?

Hello

Does anyone use Reflex Trader, (Eoin Treacy) which uses the USA pensions dates to predict rise in the Dow? I looked at it but didn’t have sufficient detail to make a decision. Thanks in advance...

John

When you say that are you referring to individuals being paid out from their pensions and all the mom and pop people bidding, or you talking about institutional dates for large bids on particular stocks? 

When the pensions contributions of Americans are used to buy stocks on the Dow. I am new to this.  Thank you for replying.

Hi @JohnWoottonUK & @PandaFace,  Don't know too much about him or this Dow strategy. He does get a hat tip from Bill Bonner who I have followed for years. I was wondering where you found the strategy John and if you have done his 4 day course in the first link below?

Panda, Eoin Treacy's book Crowd Money could be a contender for your tread on books (2nd link).

http://www.tradingtriggers.co.uk/

http://systemsfortraders.com/forums/topic/crowd-money-review-eoin-treacy/

• Great! 1

I feel that in theory this makes sense but I’m not entirely convinced that this always happens at the same time, and therefore could be difficult to spot. Also, I think there’s a post on Community about institutional investing and how to gauge it to see when to get involved. A very easy to follow set of criteria. 

Reflex trader says the next trade should begin on 26th July so it will be interesting to follow that. Last one was on 12th July and that panned our successfully. 

So the thesis is on July 26 we’ll be seeing a Dow rally. Tbf ECB and other macro stuff may have the same effect. 

Guest JohnWoottonUK

Yes, I wanted to keep an eye on it as it’s an interesting idea. But I think I was right not to buy in to Reflex Trader just yet. Thanks to you all for your thoughts.

I have been wondering just what pensions dates/data are being used that come out before the 12th and 26th, if that was known then a backtest should be relatively easy.  

Guest John Threadgold

I asked a lot of questions re the how well the strategy worked, the year on year results ( there were two years it failed ) and the number of consecutive losses they are had ( it was 4 trades ) and capital management etc. I was surprised that they  answered all my questions in detail. I have bought into it for a one year subscription. I am happy to let you know how it goes, for good or ill. 

On 8/25/2018 at 12:53 PM, Guest John Threadgold said:

I asked a lot of questions re the how well the strategy worked, the year on year results ( there were two years it failed ) and the number of consecutive losses they are had ( it was 4 trades ) and capital management etc. I was surprised that they  answered all my questions in detail. I have bought into it for a one year subscription. I am happy to let you know how it goes, for good or ill. 

Thanks John. The guy I spoke to wouldn’t give me any detail so well done to you for that. Updates would be good as my concern was the amount of capital I could possibly lose before I accumulated enough not to worry about losses. Cheers; John Wootton.

On 7/22/2018 at 9:13 AM, Caseynotes said:

Hi @JohnWoottonUK & @PandaFace,  Don't know too much about him or this Dow strategy. He does get a hat tip from Bill Bonner who I have followed for years. I was wondering where you found the strategy John and if you have done his 4 day course in the first link below?

Panda, Eoin Treacy's book Crowd Money could be a contender for your tread on books (2nd link).

http://www.tradingtriggers.co.uk/

http://systemsfortraders.com/forums/topic/crowd-money-review-eoin-treacy/

Thanks, I should update too, I mentioned above the free 4 day course which I did signed up for out of interest. Of course there were regular plugs for the subscription service but on the whole it was interesting. It is only 4 half hour lectures where he sets out his general strategy which is quite simple and sound with no tricks and does at least give a few ideas so it was worth the time. Screening for setups was a major factor and this is where the subscription service would do a lot of the 'leg work'.

(trading triggers link above)

Guest Jack Harper
On 25/08/2018 at 12:53, Guest John Threadgold said:

Hi there John, I have come across this strategy since your post and wanted to know how the subscription is going? Have the trades been working or is it a bit overhyped?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• #IGForexChat.png

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    OomPierre
    Joined 16/10/18 15:06
  • Our picks

• Hurricane season in the US - Where to look for trading opportunities
      Hurricane Michael is already regarded as one of the strongest hurricanes ever to hit US. The worst hit areas of Florida’s northwest coast saw significant damage to residential property, along with President Trump authorizing FEMA to step in and coordinate disaster efforts. 

Even though the worst might have already passed, the 2018 North Atlantic hurricane season is likely to have sizable effect for the next seven weeks. The effect on the markets can be notable around this time, with the following sectors likely to see an increase in volatility.
      • 0 replies
    • UK Data to forecast stability going into Brexit talks? - EMEA Brief 16 Oct
      U.K. monthly average earnings and monthly unemployment release today at 9:30 BST. Earnings forecast to be stable at 2.6% whilst the unemployment rate is forecast to be 4%. The releases could be an important signal to the current economic health of the UK.
      • 0 replies
    • Does volatility affect IPOs?
      The music entertainment arm of Tencent, which has 800 million users across a variety of platforms in China, had originally planned to go public in the United States imminently. The IPO was initially set to launch as soon as this week but has now reportedly been delayed because of the recent global sell-off. It is not the first company to pull out or postpone an IPO in the recent weeks, and whilst Tencent have declined to comment on the decision, it’s likely to be on the back of volatility seen in the equity markets.
      • 0 replies