How to trade the Dow using Reflex Trader?

Guest JohnWoottonUK

Guest JohnWoottonUK

Hello

Does anyone use Reflex Trader, (Eoin Treacy) which uses the USA pensions dates to predict rise in the Dow? I looked at it but didn’t have sufficient detail to make a decision. Thanks in advance...

John

Guest PandaFace

When you say that are you referring to individuals being paid out from their pensions and all the mom and pop people bidding, or you talking about institutional dates for large bids on particular stocks? 

Guest JohnWoottonUK

When the pensions contributions of Americans are used to buy stocks on the Dow. I am new to this.  Thank you for replying.

Hi @JohnWoottonUK & @PandaFace,  Don't know too much about him or this Dow strategy. He does get a hat tip from Bill Bonner who I have followed for years. I was wondering where you found the strategy John and if you have done his 4 day course in the first link below?

Panda, Eoin Treacy's book Crowd Money could be a contender for your tread on books (2nd link).

http://www.tradingtriggers.co.uk/

http://systemsfortraders.com/forums/topic/crowd-money-review-eoin-treacy/

Guest PandaFace

I feel that in theory this makes sense but I’m not entirely convinced that this always happens at the same time, and therefore could be difficult to spot. Also, I think there’s a post on Community about institutional investing and how to gauge it to see when to get involved. A very easy to follow set of criteria. 

Guest JohnWoottonUK

Reflex trader says the next trade should begin on 26th July so it will be interesting to follow that. Last one was on 12th July and that panned our successfully. 

Guest JohnWoottonUK

Yes, I wanted to keep an eye on it as it’s an interesting idea. But I think I was right not to buy in to Reflex Trader just yet. Thanks to you all for your thoughts.

• 1 month later...
Guest John Threadgold

I asked a lot of questions re the how well the strategy worked, the year on year results ( there were two years it failed ) and the number of consecutive losses they are had ( it was 4 trades ) and capital management etc. I was surprised that they  answered all my questions in detail. I have bought into it for a one year subscription. I am happy to let you know how it goes, for good or ill. 

Guest JohnWoottonUK
On 8/25/2018 at 12:53 PM, Guest John Threadgold said:

I asked a lot of questions re the how well the strategy worked, the year on year results ( there were two years it failed ) and the number of consecutive losses they are had ( it was 4 trades ) and capital management etc. I was surprised that they  answered all my questions in detail. I have bought into it for a one year subscription. I am happy to let you know how it goes, for good or ill. 

Guest JohnWoottonUK

Thanks John. The guy I spoke to wouldn’t give me any detail so well done to you for that. Updates would be good as my concern was the amount of capital I could possibly lose before I accumulated enough not to worry about losses. Cheers; John Wootton.

On 7/22/2018 at 9:13 AM, Caseynotes said:

Hi @JohnWoottonUK & @PandaFace,  Don't know too much about him or this Dow strategy. He does get a hat tip from Bill Bonner who I have followed for years. I was wondering where you found the strategy John and if you have done his 4 day course in the first link below?

Panda, Eoin Treacy's book Crowd Money could be a contender for your tread on books (2nd link).

http://www.tradingtriggers.co.uk/

http://systemsfortraders.com/forums/topic/crowd-money-review-eoin-treacy/

Thanks, I should update too, I mentioned above the free 4 day course which I did signed up for out of interest. Of course there were regular plugs for the subscription service but on the whole it was interesting. It is only 4 half hour lectures where he sets out his general strategy which is quite simple and sound with no tricks and does at least give a few ideas so it was worth the time. Screening for setups was a major factor and this is where the subscription service would do a lot of the 'leg work'.

(trading triggers link above)

• 1 month later...
Guest Jack Harper
On 25/08/2018 at 12:53, Guest John Threadgold said:

Hi there John, I have come across this strategy since your post and wanted to know how the subscription is going? Have the trades been working or is it a bit overhyped?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Moonshiner

Anybody had any more experience of this? Am tempted to sign up. Though some of the examples seem to show a risk/reward of 1:1 which as a newb reading things like the Van Tharpe Book on Trading doesn’t seem a like great ‘system’ going by his criteria. They seem to be indicating you should be looking for at least 1:3 to stand a chance once slippage, trading costs and other factors are considered. 

Grateful for any thoughts from someone thats trying it given it’s £1500. Cheers! 

• 7 months later...

Hi, I am looking at the Eoins strategy and wondering how your trades went over the past year? If anyone is still out there I'd be interested in any feedback please? Many thanks.

Guest JohnWoottonUK
On 27/08/2018 at 09:02, JohnWoottonUK said:
On 25/08/2018 at 12:53, Guest John Threadgold said:

Hi John... how is your prescription to Reflex Trader going? John 👍

Guest Johnwoottonuk
15 hours ago, Guest Jane said:

Hi, I am looking at the Eoins strategy and wondering how your trades went over the past year? If anyone is still out there I'd be interested in any feedback please? Many thanks.

I've just asked a John Threadgold how it's going for him. I didn't buy in as I need a the data such as: let me say I start with £5000 and go with £5 a point and have a couple of losers; will I have enough money to get through the bad trades? A twelve month data trail of that scenario would be good 😊 

• 1 month later...
On 21/07/2018 at 17:12, JohnWoottonUK said:

Hello

Does anyone use Reflex Trader, (Eoin Treacy) which uses the USA pensions dates to predict rise in the Dow? I looked at it but didn’t have sufficient detail to make a decision. Thanks in advance...

John

Hi

Do not join please it is a beginner rip off! Lucky i got my mony back. The problem is that they give you a calender date to follow with opening and closing trades. The opening dates are ok but then the closing dates are three days later or worse a week later. This gives great exposure to loses. A guy last week lost £3500 in two days I lost 300. They give you the impression that you can open a trade and go on a holiday in the meantime and when you come back just close it!!! Am sure expert traders are laughing now! I realised I was a fool when I lost the money. When I opened the trade I was making money I could have closed the deal but as they give you a closing date i decided to follow their strategy as i paid for it and that s when i lost my money! I was really angry and requested my money back. There is no need to pay £1700 to join such a stupid strategy. Am still upset with myself...for 20hours I was making money and did not close the trade as i set the stupid closing date in my mind and was waiting and then lost everything. There are no one in their team to give proper advice (on purpose). Do not join , try just practicing with your demo account until you understand points level and stop loss.

Edited by Dona
18 minutes ago, Dona said:

Hi

Do not join please it is a beginner rip off! Lucky i got my mony back. The problem is that they give you a calender date to follow with opening and closing trades. The opening dates are ok but then the closing dates are three days later or worse a week later. This gives great exposure to loses. A guy last week lost £3500 in two days I lost 300. They give you the impression that you can open a trade and go on a holiday in the meantime and when you come back just close it!!! Am sure expert traders are laughing now! I realised I was a fool when I lost the money. When I opened the trade I was making money I could have closed the deal but as they give you a closing date i decided to follow their strategy as i paid for it and that s when i lost my money! I was really angry and requested my money back. There is no need to pay £1700 to join such a stupid strategy. Am still upset with myself...for 20hours I was making money and did not close the trade as i set the stupid closing date in my mind and was waiting and then lost everything. There are no one in their team to give proper advice (on purpose). Do not join , try just practicing with your demo account until you understand points level and stop loss.

Interesting, thanks for the info, do you know if they publish the aggregated account history of their recommended trades? 

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...