Jump to content

How to trade the Dow using Reflex Trader?


Guest JohnWoottonUK

Recommended Posts

Guest JohnWoottonUK

Hello

Does anyone use Reflex Trader, (Eoin Treacy) which uses the USA pensions dates to predict rise in the Dow? I looked at it but didn’t have sufficient detail to make a decision. Thanks in advance...

John

Link to comment
Guest PandaFace

When you say that are you referring to individuals being paid out from their pensions and all the mom and pop people bidding, or you talking about institutional dates for large bids on particular stocks? 

Link to comment
Guest JohnWoottonUK

When the pensions contributions of Americans are used to buy stocks on the Dow. I am new to this.  Thank you for replying.

Link to comment

Hi @JohnWoottonUK & @PandaFace,  Don't know too much about him or this Dow strategy. He does get a hat tip from Bill Bonner who I have followed for years. I was wondering where you found the strategy John and if you have done his 4 day course in the first link below?

Panda, Eoin Treacy's book Crowd Money could be a contender for your tread on books (2nd link).

http://www.tradingtriggers.co.uk/

http://systemsfortraders.com/forums/topic/crowd-money-review-eoin-treacy/

Link to comment
Guest PandaFace

I feel that in theory this makes sense but I’m not entirely convinced that this always happens at the same time, and therefore could be difficult to spot. Also, I think there’s a post on Community about institutional investing and how to gauge it to see when to get involved. A very easy to follow set of criteria. 

Link to comment
Guest JohnWoottonUK

Reflex trader says the next trade should begin on 26th July so it will be interesting to follow that. Last one was on 12th July and that panned our successfully. 

Link to comment
Guest JohnWoottonUK

Yes, I wanted to keep an eye on it as it’s an interesting idea. But I think I was right not to buy in to Reflex Trader just yet. Thanks to you all for your thoughts.

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
Guest John Threadgold

I asked a lot of questions re the how well the strategy worked, the year on year results ( there were two years it failed ) and the number of consecutive losses they are had ( it was 4 trades ) and capital management etc. I was surprised that they  answered all my questions in detail. I have bought into it for a one year subscription. I am happy to let you know how it goes, for good or ill. 

Link to comment
Guest JohnWoottonUK
On 8/25/2018 at 12:53 PM, Guest John Threadgold said:

I asked a lot of questions re the how well the strategy worked, the year on year results ( there were two years it failed ) and the number of consecutive losses they are had ( it was 4 trades ) and capital management etc. I was surprised that they  answered all my questions in detail. I have bought into it for a one year subscription. I am happy to let you know how it goes, for good or ill. 

Link to comment
Guest JohnWoottonUK

Thanks John. The guy I spoke to wouldn’t give me any detail so well done to you for that. Updates would be good as my concern was the amount of capital I could possibly lose before I accumulated enough not to worry about losses. Cheers; John Wootton.

Link to comment
On 7/22/2018 at 9:13 AM, Caseynotes said:

Hi @JohnWoottonUK & @PandaFace,  Don't know too much about him or this Dow strategy. He does get a hat tip from Bill Bonner who I have followed for years. I was wondering where you found the strategy John and if you have done his 4 day course in the first link below?

Panda, Eoin Treacy's book Crowd Money could be a contender for your tread on books (2nd link).

http://www.tradingtriggers.co.uk/

http://systemsfortraders.com/forums/topic/crowd-money-review-eoin-treacy/

Thanks, I should update too, I mentioned above the free 4 day course which I did signed up for out of interest. Of course there were regular plugs for the subscription service but on the whole it was interesting. It is only 4 half hour lectures where he sets out his general strategy which is quite simple and sound with no tricks and does at least give a few ideas so it was worth the time. Screening for setups was a major factor and this is where the subscription service would do a lot of the 'leg work'.

(trading triggers link above)

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
Guest Jack Harper
On 25/08/2018 at 12:53, Guest John Threadgold said:

I asked a lot of questions re the how well the strategy worked, the year on year results ( there were two years it failed ) and the number of consecutive losses they are had ( it was 4 trades ) and capital management etc. I was surprised that they  answered all my questions in detail. I have bought into it for a one year subscription. I am happy to let you know how it goes, for good or ill. 

Hi there John, I have come across this strategy since your post and wanted to know how the subscription is going? Have the trades been working or is it a bit overhyped?

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Moonshiner

Anybody had any more experience of this? Am tempted to sign up. Though some of the examples seem to show a risk/reward of 1:1 which as a newb reading things like the Van Tharpe Book on Trading doesn’t seem a like great ‘system’ going by his criteria. They seem to be indicating you should be looking for at least 1:3 to stand a chance once slippage, trading costs and other factors are considered. 

Grateful for any thoughts from someone thats trying it given it’s £1500. Cheers! 

Link to comment
  • 7 months later...

Hi, I am looking at the Eoins strategy and wondering how your trades went over the past year? If anyone is still out there I'd be interested in any feedback please? Many thanks.

Link to comment
Guest JohnWoottonUK
On 27/08/2018 at 09:02, JohnWoottonUK said:
On 25/08/2018 at 12:53, Guest John Threadgold said:

I asked a lot of questions re the how well the strategy worked, the year on year results ( there were two years it failed ) and the number of consecutive losses they are had ( it was 4 trades ) and capital management etc. I was surprised that they  answered all my questions in detail. I have bought into it for a one year subscription. I am happy to let you know how it goes, for good or ill. 

Hi John... how is your prescription to Reflex Trader going? John 👍

Link to comment
Guest Johnwoottonuk
15 hours ago, Guest Jane said:

Hi, I am looking at the Eoins strategy and wondering how your trades went over the past year? If anyone is still out there I'd be interested in any feedback please? Many thanks.

I've just asked a John Threadgold how it's going for him. I didn't buy in as I need a the data such as: let me say I start with £5000 and go with £5 a point and have a couple of losers; will I have enough money to get through the bad trades? A twelve month data trail of that scenario would be good 😊 

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
On 21/07/2018 at 17:12, JohnWoottonUK said:

Hello

Does anyone use Reflex Trader, (Eoin Treacy) which uses the USA pensions dates to predict rise in the Dow? I looked at it but didn’t have sufficient detail to make a decision. Thanks in advance...

John

Hi

Do not join please it is a beginner rip off! Lucky i got my mony back. The problem is that they give you a calender date to follow with opening and closing trades. The opening dates are ok but then the closing dates are three days later or worse a week later. This gives great exposure to loses. A guy last week lost £3500 in two days I lost 300. They give you the impression that you can open a trade and go on a holiday in the meantime and when you come back just close it!!! Am sure expert traders are laughing now! I realised I was a fool when I lost the money. When I opened the trade I was making money I could have closed the deal but as they give you a closing date i decided to follow their strategy as i paid for it and that s when i lost my money! I was really angry and requested my money back. There is no need to pay £1700 to join such a stupid strategy. Am still upset with myself...for 20hours I was making money and did not close the trade as i set the stupid closing date in my mind and was waiting and then lost everything. There are no one in their team to give proper advice (on purpose). Do not join , try just practicing with your demo account until you understand points level and stop loss.

Edited by Dona
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Dona said:

Hi

Do not join please it is a beginner rip off! Lucky i got my mony back. The problem is that they give you a calender date to follow with opening and closing trades. The opening dates are ok but then the closing dates are three days later or worse a week later. This gives great exposure to loses. A guy last week lost £3500 in two days I lost 300. They give you the impression that you can open a trade and go on a holiday in the meantime and when you come back just close it!!! Am sure expert traders are laughing now! I realised I was a fool when I lost the money. When I opened the trade I was making money I could have closed the deal but as they give you a closing date i decided to follow their strategy as i paid for it and that s when i lost my money! I was really angry and requested my money back. There is no need to pay £1700 to join such a stupid strategy. Am still upset with myself...for 20hours I was making money and did not close the trade as i set the stupid closing date in my mind and was waiting and then lost everything. There are no one in their team to give proper advice (on purpose). Do not join , try just practicing with your demo account until you understand points level and stop loss.

Interesting, thanks for the info, do you know if they publish the aggregated account history of their recommended trades? 

Link to comment
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

  • Posts

    • What is Foreign Exchange? Foreign exchange (Forex or FX) is the conversion of one currency into another at a specific rate known as the foreign exchange rate. The conversion rates for almost all currencies are constantly floating as they are driven by the market forces of supply and demand. The most traded currencies in the world are the United States dollar, Euro, Japanese yen, British pound, and Australian dollar. The US dollar remains the key currency, accounting for more than 87% of total daily value traded.Factors that Affect Foreign Exchange Rates Many factors can potentially influence the market forces behind foreign exchange rates. The factors include various economic, political, and even psychological conditions. The economic factors include a government’s economic policies, trade balances, inflation, and economic growth outlook. Political conditions also exert a significant impact on the forex rate, as events such as political instability and political conflicts may negatively affect the strength of a currency. The psychology of forex market participants can also influence exchange rates. The Foreign Exchange Market The foreign exchange market is a decentralized and over-the-counter market where all currency exchange trades occur. It is the largest (in terms of trading volume) and the most liquid market in the world. On average, the daily volume of transactions on the forex market totals $5.1 trillion, according to the Bank of International Settlements’ Triennial Central Bank Survey (2016). The forex market major trading centers are located in major financial hubs around the world, including New York, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Sydney. Due to this reason, foreign exchange transactions are executed 24 hours, five days a week (except weekends). Despite the decentralized nature of forex markets, the exchange rates offered in the market are the same among its participants, as arbitrage opportunities can arise otherwise. The foreign exchange market is probably one of the most accessible financial markets. Market participants range from tourists and amateur traders to large financial institutions (including central banks) and multinational corporations. Also, the forex market does not only involve a simple conversion of one currency into another. Many large transactions in the market involve the application of a wide variety of financial instruments, including forwards, swaps, options, etc. Foreign currency exchange (forex) A foreign currency exchange rate is a price that represents how much it costs to buy the currency of one country using the currency of another country. Currency traders buy and sell currencies through forex transactions based on how they expect currency exchange rates will fluctuate. When the value of one currency rises relative to another, traders will earn profits if they purchased the appreciating currency, or suffer losses if they sold the appreciating currency.  
    • Totally agree, the growth of Bitget Wallet will have a positive impact on $BWB. The potential for both seems exciting. Good luck to you too, and hopefully everyone can benefit from these earning opportunities.
    • Sounds like Mystiko Network is making some serious waves in the interoperability space. Seamless compatibility across multiple blockchains is a game changer, especially with the ZK SDK for secure and private dApps. Big backing from Samsung and Coinlist adds credibility too. I will keep an eye on that Bitget listing, it could be a major boost for $XZK
×
×
  • Create New...
us