Platform bug

Question

During the past few days the total figure for my current open positions is showing an incorrect sum. I have attached an example from this morning. Note that two of the open positions are in USA stocks (pre-market).

bug3.jpeg

11 answers to this question

Thanks for this and apologies. I have escalated this to our incident team and technical trading support guys to review as soon as possible. I'll update accordingly. 

Hi @WarrenMunger is this still an issue you are seeing with your positions?

Also is the total always wrong or only during certain times e.g. pre-market?

Cheers,

Will

I currently only have one open position in that account, so do not know whether the addition function is still incorrect.

Once I have opened more positions I will advise you if the problem is persisting..

I have opened new positions this morning. Unfortunately the software bug is still persisting. As the download indicates, the total figure is incorrect.

I do not know whether the problem is resolved when the US market opens.

sum error.jpeg

This is a screenshot from the afternoon session, after the US market had opened. Assuming the $45 dollar profit converts to approximately £35, the total figure of £56.89 is incorrect.

bug.jpeg

Edited by WarrenMunger

Please could you advise me when this technical error will be rectified. The total sum for my open positions is still showing incorrect arithmetic.

The problem seems to occur in UK morning sessions when I have open positions in 'All Sessions' US stocks (i.e. 3M, ticker MMM).

This is quite a fundamental technical problem which should be solved ASAP.

bug.jpeg

Hi @WarrenMunger sorry for the delay on this. I have escalated this to be investigated, the reference is INC0255607.

I'll email you once I have an update or require any more info from you.

Thanks,

Will

2 hours ago, WillA said:

@WarrenMunger we have not been able to replicate this issue in our test environment or work out why this is happening based on current info.

Please send me a screenshot by direct message of your entire platform when P&L is incorrect so we can see balances at the top also: https://community.ig.com/messenger/compose/ 

Will

As mentioned previously, the problem arises when I have a position open in the US stock 3M (All sessions), stock symbol: MMM. 

Did the software team test that scenario? Before the market opens it has an unusually wide spread for a large market cap. stock. There are also occasional instances when the sell price for MMM is shown as $0.01 (it only lasts 1-2 seconds but the software error is reflected in the profit/loss total).

Edited by WarrenMunger

An example of the strange price pre-market quote for 3M (MMM).

Wednesday morning, 22 August:

3M.jpeg

Edited by WarrenMunger

@WarrenMunger I have asked our Shares Desk to fix the incorrect ask price, thanks for letting me know.

Yes I tested this myself and P&L total was correct. It will help if you can send me a message showing your entire platform and balances when total is incorrect.