Traders sentiments

Guest BRIGHTLIGHTFX

Guest BRIGHTLIGHTFX
10 hours ago, TrendFollower said:

@BRIGHTLIGHTFX,

You look just like a famous Bollywood actor!

May I ask what you intend to do with the information on IG traders sentiment?

This information could be more meaningful if you knew how many of these traders were successful and profitable on a consistent basis. 

In the example that @elle has kindly provided (above) how would you use such information to make an effective trading decision?

I am just trying to experiment some thing, I have my system this is just to learn some thing new.

• 9 months later...
12 minutes ago, Trevbeats said:

THanks for the info. I clicked on the link, and it seems to be flashing on  and off?

Hi Trev, you need to be logged in to get the full IG page.

DailyFX has recently updated their web pages so you can see a large selection here,

https://www.dailyfx.com/sentiment

Remember retail sentiment (positioning) is considered a contrarian indicator as opposed to the COT report which looks at professional market positioning.

2 minutes ago, Trevbeats said:

Ok Thanks for that. I must admit im not keen on setiments? Not relible enough.  Whats you take on them CN

I don't look at it routinely but occasionally out of interest. You can be sure that every time the US indices reach the highs the retail crowd will be very short because retail are very good at picking the tops (not).

image.png.dc5d24de5729405615ce2873839678db.png

1 minute ago, Trevbeats said:

Yes corelation is a good guide for this Thank you.

I am just looking at the chart you send me If the usd/chf is 61% short why does it say Bullish?

contrarian indicator, if 74% of retail traders lose money and 61% of retail are short usdchf then best go long  🙂

5 minutes ago, Trevbeats said:

So the clients is one thing ie sentiments: but the indicator saying bullish or bearish or even mixed means follow this advice?

yes, if retail are heavy short they are probably wrong so consider going long but it doesn't always work, sometimes retail get it right just as sometimes the professionals in the COT report get it wrong and have to turn and chase the market.