Question

Is there no facility here to fix limit orders for a specific date of expiry.......i'm new to IG and all of the platforms iv'e used previously allow clients to set a limit order and its expiry at a particular date ?

10 answers to this question

On 08/01/2019 at 12:04, CAPABILITYBROWN said:

Is there no facility here to fix limit orders for a specific date of expiry.......i'm new to IG and all of the platforms iv'e used previously allow clients to set a limit order and its expiry at a particular date ?

I've got the same question. I've just placed an order before the market opens tomorrow, and was only given the choice of a limit order. There was no option for a min and max price I was prepared to pay. So I just set the one price. Is that right?

13 hours ago, gcarter said:

I've got the same question. I've just placed an order before the market opens tomorrow, and was only given the choice of a limit order. There was no option for a min and max price I was prepared to pay. So I just set the one price. Is that right?

on share dealing you can set orders with a 'good till' date, as you can with spread betting and cfd accouts

Capture.PNG.96a4e631efba48ac028903f90b69d7b6.PNG

I do not appear to be getting the same screen options as you. When I click the drop down arrow by FAR, I get a deal ticket option that brings up this. There is no order selection on the drop down menu.
image.png.23fa3c1493b966cc6d3f78d42a5a9ce2.png

image.thumb.png.229e2b23c048efb30328d5b7891f407e.png

image.thumb.png.e49b7dc621649796410ed6196f843fe7.png

When I click on the drop down arrow by FAR in the 2nd picture, this is what I get. I click on deal ticket to get the first picture option.

image.png.c2bca7b3362d5b228208278afadbc8a7.png

@gcarter, what happens when you click on the chart icon from the share dealing platform, does one come up? is it the same as that for DFB and CFD below;

image.thumb.png.657e9caeb6fd0e4cd29ae8691eb805f6.png

12 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

@gcarter, what happens when you click on the chart icon from the share dealing platform, does one come up? is it the same as that for DFB and CFD below;

image.thumb.png.657e9caeb6fd0e4cd29ae8691eb805f6.png

There is no chart.

1 minute ago, cryptotrader said:

FAR ltd is aussie stock right? Maybe can't as market is closed on share dealing accounts ?

Yes, it is Aussie stock. Market closed at the moment.