Question

Is there no facility here to fix limit orders for a specific date of expiry.......i'm new to IG and all of the platforms iv'e used previously allow clients to set a limit order and its expiry at a particular date ?

10 answers to this question

On 08/01/2019 at 12:04, CAPABILITYBROWN said:

Is there no facility here to fix limit orders for a specific date of expiry.......i'm new to IG and all of the platforms iv'e used previously allow clients to set a limit order and its expiry at a particular date ?

I've got the same question. I've just placed an order before the market opens tomorrow, and was only given the choice of a limit order. There was no option for a min and max price I was prepared to pay. So I just set the one price. Is that right?

13 hours ago, gcarter said:

I've got the same question. I've just placed an order before the market opens tomorrow, and was only given the choice of a limit order. There was no option for a min and max price I was prepared to pay. So I just set the one price. Is that right?

on share dealing you can set orders with a 'good till' date, as you can with spread betting and cfd accouts

Capture.PNG.96a4e631efba48ac028903f90b69d7b6.PNG

I do not appear to be getting the same screen options as you. When I click the drop down arrow by FAR, I get a deal ticket option that brings up this. There is no order selection on the drop down menu.
image.png.23fa3c1493b966cc6d3f78d42a5a9ce2.png

image.thumb.png.229e2b23c048efb30328d5b7891f407e.png

image.thumb.png.e49b7dc621649796410ed6196f843fe7.png

When I click on the drop down arrow by FAR in the 2nd picture, this is what I get. I click on deal ticket to get the first picture option.

image.png.c2bca7b3362d5b228208278afadbc8a7.png

12 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

@gcarter, what happens when you click on the chart icon from the share dealing platform, does one come up? is it the same as that for DFB and CFD below;

image.thumb.png.657e9caeb6fd0e4cd29ae8691eb805f6.png

There is no chart.

1 minute ago, cryptotrader said:

FAR ltd is aussie stock right? Maybe can't as market is closed on share dealing accounts ?

Yes, it is Aussie stock. Market closed at the moment.  

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Matthew_123
    Joined 18/01/19 16:12
  • IG London Art Fair

• Our picks

• What's wrong with predictions?
      Join the IG conversation on Community. "There's lots of talk about 'the smart money' banks, institutions, pension funds and the like but not much about the others side of the coin, 'the dumb money', why is that - it's because they just aren't influential to the market. The collective size of the dumb money is dwarfed by the big money to the point of being irrelevant."
        • Great!
      • 2 replies