Stop Level to high (150-200 pips)

Guest MrFloppy

Question

Guest MrFloppy

Hello all,

at the moment i write me some EA's and try to test them on the MT4 platform. But the stop levels on the demo account are crazy high.  Most of the times i have 150 pips and sometimes 200 pips for stops. This cant be correct. I have a little information script that show me quick all the information i need. This here is from the EUR/USD chart.1644767780_StopLevel.PNG.225fae95e0975eed633728a76050fccf.PNG, this is my script Code: Code.PNG.8381847d9b3fe85e56c4f97e2630cbe5.PNG So the figures are as shown, i cant set a stop los below this level.

And here are some informations about the Server:

1636304940_NameServer.PNG.63e6bbce8c978a4aa59c4ecf1bf8eaed.PNG

I realy dont want to write my script without stops and just close them "manually" at some point. Do i use the wrong server or is there any other reason i have this problem?

Greetings 

Mike

11 answers to this question

Guest MrFloppy
15 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

If you right-click on EURUSD (in the left side panel)and look at specifications it should be 40? at the moment

remember some markets are closed today

This is what it shows me(dont wonder its german), its the same 150 pips.

EURUSDRightClick.PNG.d06fe62fdf5181d8fd04e4b4e2caa2df.PNG

Guest MrFloppy
4 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Just to add, the left hand panel in mt4 is from the 'market watch' tab. Also I'm not sure of the number of decimals for forex but for dax the spread of 10 = 1 point and the stop of 40 = 4 points.

The EURUSD have 5 decimal points. So if i buy at 1.20000 the lowest i can put the stop is 1.20150. But for my kind of trading this is way to much. I had to deinstall the MT4 platform and since i reinstalled it, the stop levels are so high.

Guest MrFloppy
3 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Not sure why your header is red?? 

image.png.aef214703af5e92bc7671f6042ed6066.png

I dont think this is something special. Does the professional and private trader thing influences the stop level as well? Its just a demo account i try that. Is your screen from live account?

Guest MrFloppy
5 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

No it's a live account, the proff and retail min stop level should be the same and I think the red does mean something, also there is no currency symbol in your header.

When you say you reinstalled mt4 was that just today? or has it been 150 for some time.

Its 1 or 2 months ago i reinstalled. And since then i have the high stops. I dont have a currency above this window because the demo account is not specified for a currency. Weired problem. I wrote a mail to the iG support. When i deinstalled the IG MT4 i couldnt install it again from IG. I had to download it from GKFX and link the IG Demo account to it. Maybe this causes this problem?

Check you are receiving the IG feeds by clicking on the 'open an account' tab in 'File', these should highlight if you one click on each.

If so it should be alright. 

image.png.28b5fedb80fb65564c56fdc3be0e4e42.png

The IG mt4 download is on this page, i think you just click the blue link (pic below) and it auto downloads to your downloads folder

https://www.ig.com/uk/trading-platforms/metatrader-4

image.png.58aa94867bb0695e69bca134bc975430.png

In your downloads folder the IG mt4 file looks like this, just double click;

image.png.7eefba37c3d297bf03c7f388e24dd6c4.png

Guest MrFloppy
19 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Check you are receiving the IG feeds by clicking on the 'open an account' tab in 'File', these should highlight if you one click on each.

If so it should be alright. 

image.png.28b5fedb80fb65564c56fdc3be0e4e42.png

The IG mt4 download is on this page, i think you just click the blue link (pic below) and it auto downloads to your downloads folder

https://www.ig.com/uk/trading-platforms/metatrader-4

image.png.58aa94867bb0695e69bca134bc975430.png

In your downloads folder the IG mt4 file looks like this, just double click;

image.png.7eefba37c3d297bf03c7f388e24dd6c4.png

Thank you very much, the new download worked now. And my EA's run smooth and Stop Level is only 8! NEWEURUSDRightClick.thumb.PNG.7c963a1e87b32db4afdca1a01535ce9f.PNG