Spread betting without leverage

Guest MrT

On 08/09/2019 at 09:37, Guest MrT said:

Hi. Does anybody know if it is possible to spread bet without leverage (so I could keep my position without overnight 'borrowing' costs)? Thanks.

The futures or forwards markets are designed specifically for holding trades longer term and do not incur overnight funding charges but do have a larger spread which must be repaid every time the contract is rolled over (usually every 3 months).

To find if futures or forwards are offered for the market you are looking at check for a dropdown box next to the title, see pic below.

image.png.46fa7879883fd2ba641001ad82e811ac.png

• Like 1
7 hours ago, TrendFollower said:

Therefore if you keep you position overnight then there will be costs/charges I am afraid. It would be great if there was not but that is the way it is. IG need to maximise their profits. 

😂😂😂 This place is comedy gold

• 5 months later...

I was also interested in this topic.

At least to choose your own leverage scale( for example on Etoro you can do it) from 1 up to the max  which is set from the IG. In this way not just overnight fees are reduced but also risk. 

It would be great if we could 

• 5 months later...
Guest Laurence

I would be also very interested by this feature. We should pay overnight charge only on the borrowed part, not on the part you can finance with your cash.

How can we suggest this to IG?

• 3 months later...
Guest That USED TO BE the Norm..

I used to use IG some years ago and spreads without leverage was the NORMAL state then.    You could opt for leverage or opt not to use it. 

But on refreshing the account a year or two ago from idled state I was told they'd ceased offering this.   The training accounts have no leverage,  sadly all the live one do now.