What is this charge for?

I invest once per year in long term investments that I therefore don't need to change. I'm charged a commission for that.

I only invest using my ISA allowance, so don't qualify for any exceptions.

What is costing IG money in the maintenance of my account?

Thinking of pulling out completely and using another broker.

6 minutes ago, Frodoscious said:

What is this charge for?

I invest once per year in long term investments that I therefore don't need to change. I'm charged a commission for that.

I only invest using my ISA allowance, so don't qualify for any exceptions.

What is costing IG money in the maintenance of my account?

Thinking of pulling out completely and using another broker.

Good point, see this comparison page;

https://www.ig.com/uk/investments/share-dealing/comparison

image.thumb.png.2975d98639733f3554f7c710151ccf1b.png

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    BenB
    Joined 02/04/20 14:30
    • If it were not for hedging I probably would have been shaken out at a  large loss after being caught wrong footed. But there were opportunities to close out one leg of the hedge then the other in a fairly relaxed manner.
    • I use 3 brokers, one of which is Core Spreads. All brokers have their own benefits and I don't think anybody serious about trading should only deal with one firm.   The big plus of CS is that they do fix their spreads which at the moment, for me and many others is a godsend. (We were guests at the family raceday at Plumpton last year which they sponsor so I can vouch for them being genuine and no this is not a veiled advert for their services). Since I trade indices and hedge every trade, placing business with IG (or ETX who are even worse at the moment!) is impractical with the wide spreads. I understand IG's argument for increasing the spreads at the moment BUT this part of their business (spreadbetting) is as bookmaker, so they don't have to do it.    
    • Hey,  Thanks for this. I can't see your account but I will get someone to pick up your email and get back to you on this.  All the best.