Wrong time to be a newbie?

flatwhite

Question

Hello all

I have been spreadbetting just a little on forex since signing up and thought I'd branch out to Wall st & SP500... Poor timing!  Should I stick with the losses I took that occurred over the weekend? I know with the right decision I could turn it around but it's so volatile - not sure there's such a thing as the right decision at present! 

3 answers to this question

I got started at the top of the bull market in 2018 and kept buying (instead of selling) rallies during the big downward move.  I've still got quite a long way to go just to recoup my losses!  Don't know if there's ever a 'good time' to be a newbie.  (December 26 2018 would have been a great time to get in long.)

11 hours ago, flatwhite said:

Hello all

I have been spreadbetting just a little on forex since signing up and thought I'd branch out to Wall st & SP500... Poor timing!  Should I stick with the losses I took that occurred over the weekend? I know with the right decision I could turn it around but it's so volatile - not sure there's such a thing as the right decision at present! 

Hi, not really sure what you are asking, what to do with a current open position or just generally trading wise?