Types of accounts

I have two trial accounts with titles CFD and Spread betting.
When I open the CFD trial account, will all the stocks / indices be CFD's. Just that with other platforms, with a single account I can select between Equity / CFD.

Also, when if I want to buy physical stock, do I also need to open a ShareDealing account?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, OrangeJuice said:

I have two trial accounts with titles CFD and Spread betting.
When I open the CFD trial account, will all the stocks / indices be CFD's. Just that with other platforms, with a single account I can select between Equity / CFD.

Also, when if I want to buy physical stock, do I also need to open a ShareDealing account?

Thanks

Hi, the SB and CFD accounts are basically the same but SB has some tax advantages, they both have the same markets to trade.

And yes, to trade physical stock you need a share dealing account.

https://www.ig.com/uk/spread-betting/spread-betting-vs-cfds

3 minutes ago, OrangeJuice said:

If I open a LIVE account can i Sharedeal (buy real shares) and CFD and SB with that single live account ?

no, SB is just a type of CFD and a cfd is where you are trading contracts for the difference in the price between when you buy and when you sell, you are never actually taking delivery of any actual stock. 

3 minutes ago, OrangeJuice said:

Apologies, I haven't been clear. 
If I open a live account, will that single account allow be to Share deal as well as CFD and SB or will I be required to create different types of live accounts (1 account for Sharedealing, 1 account for SB/CFD) ?

that's right you need 2 different accounts. SB and CFD are leveraged accounts so you are unable to use them for trading actual stocks, for that you need the non-leveraged Share Dealing account.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 15/05/2021 at 10:13, Guest Hardik Bhavsar said:

What type of account i need to open for ETFs?

You need a Share Dealing account to trade physical ETFs. You can trade those on leveraged accounts as well (SB and CFD).

Thanks,

Jakub