mt 4 history centre data

robybarletta

Question

Hi there, this morning i noticed that there was a price anomoly on my eth/usd mt4 chart....i messed around with history centre deleting line entry on each time frame...messed things up...so deleted all data for each time frame...then downloaded data again...problem is my data only goes up to middle of june 2019...how do i get data from that period to date on all time frames..thanks

2 answers to this question

Hi, @CharlotteIG, can you pass this on to tech, fix needed as there is a false spike (yesterday) on the ETHUSD live chart that now over shadows all the other time frames making the chart unreadable. 

@robybarletta, will it not delete and reload if in tools uncheck save deleted charts, then delete the chart and in Market watch right click to Hide ethusd then right click in market watch and select symbols to reselect to reshow ethusd?

image.thumb.png.2682c400869a22202245a5ad3d222e55.png

1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, @CharlotteIG, can you pass this on to tech, fix needed as there is a false spike (yesterday) on the ETHUSD live chart that now over shadows all the other time frames making the chart unreadable. 

@robybarletta, will it not delete and reload if in tools uncheck save deleted charts, then delete the chart and in Market watch right click to Hide ethusd then right click in market watch and select symbols to reselect to reshow ethusd?

image.thumb.png.2682c400869a22202245a5ad3d222e55.png

I will pass this onto the tech team. Thanks @Caseynotes

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      14/01/21 09:51

Newest Member
    stewasx
    Joined 07/05/21 04:06
    • Hi - there's nothing wrong with having target level(s) - If it works it works Just remember as in chart 1 above, if the market is going UP then it will create a series of higher lows and higher highs and one can trail the market up by simply using the swing low points - because if the market is trending upwards it ain't going to hit a swing low point until it needs a rest, changes degree or the trend is changing That's a major law of the market (vice versa for it going  down and for sideways ranges overlapping of swings)  The blue dots on chart 1 show you the times the presumed swing low/low didn't work out
    • Thanks THT, yes well i do estimate my possible returns by estimating a target price.  Of course if the market doesn't get there then i've got several smaller rolling losses to deal with and i've not figured out yet how i make up for that if it turns out i'm wrong.  I'm currently not using a trailing stop for simplicity and the sake of not adding another variable into the mix.  However, I imagine that only having a binary situation where the market either hits the stop or target is too simplistic in a fluid market..