Jump to content
  • 0

Trade not accepted by IG


PGD

Question

I am running a 'Demo' account.  To-day I tried to place a short trade on the US share 'Guardant Health Inc' - and I was prevented from placing the trade with a notice which read:  " THE ORDER REQUEST YOU HAVE MADE HAS NOT BEEN ACCEPTED DUE TO PRICE MOVEMENTS IN THIS MARKET"   I will be grateful if someone can tell me what this means and if there is anything which I can do to place this trade ?

Link to comment

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
10 hours ago, PGD said:

I am running a 'Demo' account.  To-day I tried to place a short trade on the US share 'Guardant Health Inc' - and I was prevented from placing the trade with a notice which read:  " THE ORDER REQUEST YOU HAVE MADE HAS NOT BEEN ACCEPTED DUE TO PRICE MOVEMENTS IN THIS MARKET"   I will be grateful if someone can tell me what this means and if there is anything which I can do to place this trade ?

 

10 hours ago, dmedin said:

Press F5 to refresh your browser and try again.

 

I don't get this peeps saying automatic 'refresh the browser' is a whole page reload really necessary for just a requote message? on every other platform you just close the message and hit the bid/offer again.

So PGD the message is just saying that price has moved so fast that it's no longer available and you need to try again at the higher/lower price.

Link to comment
  • 0
3 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

I don't get this peeps saying automatic 'refresh the browser' is a whole page reload really necessary for just a requote message? on every other platform you just close the message and hit the bid/offer again

 

Doesn't work until you do a refresh.  have you tried it yourself, on the web platform?

Link to comment
  • 0
13 minutes ago, dmedin said:

 

Doesn't work until you do a refresh.  have you tried it yourself, on the web platform?

no I don't use it to trade on but what do you mean 'it doesn't work'? you should either get a message with a close box or just a spinning wheel, when the wheel stops you can try again, if the market is in melt up/down you may get the wheel multiple times before the market settles. Can't workout what a page refresh has to do with it except just using up time until the market settles anyway. 

Link to comment
  • 0
3 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

no I don't use it to trade on but what do you mean 'it doesn't work'? you should either get a message with a close box or just a spinning wheel, when the wheel stops you can try again, if the market is in melt up/down you may get the wheel multiple times before the market settles. Can't workout what a page refresh has to do with it except just using up time until the market settles anyway. 

It keeps refusing until you refresh the browser.  Don't worry your head working stuff out, Tom Bombadil 😘 :D 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

  • Posts

    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, Ripple/ U.S. dollar(XRPUSD) XRPUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Triangle Position: Wave E Direction Next higher Degrees: wave 4 of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid level: 0.486 Details: Movement within the triangle pattern before the price Declines again in Wave 5. Ripple/ U.S. dollar(XRPUSD)Trading Strategy: Decreasing wave ((E)), which is the last wave in the Triangle pattern before prices re-enter the uptrend. So wait for the correction to complete to join the trend again. Ripple/ U.S. dollar(XRPUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is below the MA200 indicating a downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum.   Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart, Ripple/ U.S. dollar(XRPUSD) XRPUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Triangle Position: Wave E Direction Next higher Degrees: wave 4 of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid level: 0.486 Details: Movement within the triangle pattern before the price Declines again in Wave 5. Ripple/ U.S. dollar(XRPUSD)Trading Strategy: Decreasing wave ((E)), which is the last wave in the Triangle pattern before prices re-enter the uptrend. So wait for the correction to complete to join the trend again. Ripple/ U.S. dollar(XRPUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is below the MA200 indicating a downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum.   Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • @KoketsoIG Thanks. How soon can we expect an update on the release date? It's been a couple of years with the same update: "we are currently waiting for the product team." We just want to make sure to have a rough estimate.
    • Blast sounds promising with its focus on faster transactions and native yield generation. I'm curious to see how it compares to Polygon and Arbitrum in terms of user experience and adoption. Excited for its listing on Bitget and its potential impact on DeFi scalability!
×
×
  • Create New...
us