Demo API errors

DSchenk

Question

9 answers to this question

Not sure if that is really related, but the Demo account stopped working properly around last Friday. The Price is normally displayed in Dollars, but then the charts are somehow in Cents (4.51 v 451) and it keeps jumping between one or the other. StopLoss and Limits can't be used properly as the standard distance used to be in pts = cents, but now it tells you 10 pts is too much and if you try to move the lines directly on the charts, it jumps to cents again, limits jump from 10pts to 1100 points, when reflected back to the charts, it sets the SL/L miles away and screws up everything.

This happens in my Demo account and seems to be browser agnostic, started appearing around last Friday and also caused more issues (like error messages "can't execute order, because it is too far away from current price = when using 8pts distance etc...)

The platform is unusable as it is.

I'd say someone screwed up last code release big time. QA and UAT should have picked that up days ago.

I raised a request with email support (no reply yet). How can we raise stuff with tech support of IG?

• Like 1

Just an update, this is still an issue... I thought I was the only one affected...
Thanks for reporting this DSchenk.  Honestly, its in IG's best interest to get the demo version working, I doubt anyone will jump right in and test their algo trading strategies with a live account 😕