Cant move stops

Potterwasp

Question

Please tell me im not doing something daft!

I cannot move stops. I have searched the forums and have seen a few others who are or have experienced the same. Moderators have suggested the change is too close in steps or that there is good/bad news imminent or that price changes are to volatile at the time of trying to change the stops.

Im not convinced.

In my demo account i have 11 positions open, a few shorts but mostly longs. Stops are "Normal". Markets are FTSE350 and one Nasdaq.

I have tried moving the stops tighter and broader. I have tried incremental changes in the Positions page. I have tried opening the stock page and dragging the Stop slider. I have tried tapping in a new stop in the Positions page. I have tried all my open positions both tighter and broader. I have tried adjustments while markets are open and on the closed market Nasdaq position.

I can see on some open trades where i move the Stop slider a gray band below the current price. I guess this represents the spread and/or 2% limit and when changing stops previously, this is the limit i could change the Stop to.

When trying on a stock open page I too get the popup confirming amendment but it never actually changes. It doesn't matter if I click the screen, click away or just close the tab. When I check next the stop has not budged an inch.

I have changed stops many times before but today none of my open trades can be stop amended.

Stop issue.PNG

3 answers to this question

Hi @Potterwasp

Thanks for the query, 

When replicating your issue I found that a refresh of the browser seems to solve the problem. Have you tried doing the same? FYI the backend system shows all your stop amendments, so they would have executed if triggered. If a refresh does not solve the issue for you please try contact our IT team at  0800 409 6789 / +44 (0)20 7896 0079 or helpdesk.uk@ig.com.

All the best 

Anda

• Like 1

I noticed the same problem yesterday, kept changing a stop and it kept reverting. I went to the App to see if it did the same and saw that my change had registered! I went back to my browser logged back in and the change was indeed there. So yes, it looks like a simple refresh issue.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• The digital landscape is undergoing a profound transformation as attention, once a freely given commodity, is increasingly recognized as a valuable asset. Layer3 is at the forefront of this revolution, pioneering a new economy where attention can be owned, traded, and monetized   This innovative approach empowers individuals to monetize their engagement, providing unprecedented control over personal data. Simultaneously, advertisers benefit from transparent metrics that optimize campaign performance. Content creators are presented with diverse revenue avenues beyond traditional advertising, while the overall ecosystem experiences a more equitable distribution of value.   The implications of Layer3 extend across various sectors. Social media platforms, for instance, can leverage this technology to revolutionize user engagement and monetization strategies. Tokenomics play a crucial role in driving Layer3's economy, incentivizing participation and rewarding value creation. While challenges such as data privacy and market volatility exist, the potential benefits of Layer3 are immense   Anticipation is building as its native token $L3 is on Bitget Pre-market as users await its listing on the exchange. This milestone is expected to significantly increase the token's visibility and accessibility, potentially driving substantial growth and attracting new investors. As the countdown begins, the crypto community watches with keen interest, eager to see how Layer3 will perform in this new chapter.
    • I've been exploring the world of play-to-earn gaming recently, looking for something that's not just about endless grinding but actually offers a fun and rewarding experience. OGC really stood out to me because it combines gaming with a sense of community in a unique way. OGC isn't just a game; it's a platform where you can play, earn, and even help shape its future. You're not just a player; you're part of a community with a voice. The idea of earning crypto while playing games is exciting, but what makes OGC special is its focus on community involvement. Your feedback can directly influence the development of the game, which is a big deal. I've also heard that the OGC token is available for pre-market trading on Bitget. While I'm still getting to know the platform and its features, it's definitely something to keep an eye on. Has anyone else tried OGC? What has your experience been like? I'd love to hear your thoughts and any tips you might have.
    • I am anticipating the impact of this listing on Mongy. 
us