Face ID

On 04/12/2021 at 19:02, Iso said:

Hi 

i use to have a Face ID set up to log in to mobile app = somehow this disappeared now and i am not able to set up this 

Please could i get some help on this 

Best 

Ish 

Hi @Iso

If you are using Apple iPhone,

1. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode. 
  2. Tap Set Up Face ID.

You can find the Touch ID and Face ID feature on the iPhone once you open the app.

At the bottom right hand corner "Account"  then " Settings" at the bottom you will see authentication options.

All the best - MongiIG

• 3 weeks later...

I am in a slightly different position.

I have installed the IG app on my iphone (IOS 15.2) which has face id defined but cannot use it to log in.

When I go to the Account > Settings menu, I don't see an authentication option.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

10 hours ago, Levo said:

I am in a slightly different position.

I have installed the IG app on my iphone (IOS 15.2) which has face id defined but cannot use it to log in.

When I go to the Account > Settings menu, I don't see an authentication option.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Hi @Levo,

Could you please confirm that your Face ID is activated on your phone settings ?
image.png

On the IG app if you select Account at the bottom right then Settings, then scroll down to Account settings you should be able to see the Touch ID and Face ID options to toggle on.

Feel free to reach out to helpdesk.uk@ig.com with a screenshot for further assistance.

I hope that it helps.

All the best - Arvin

Hi Arvin, thanks for the prompt response.

As I said in my original post, I have it all set up and use it for Iphone system tasks and 2 other apps. All four buttons are green as per your picture too.

I deleted the IG app and download/installed it again just in case. No change.

This is the Settings screen I get688168025_Screenshot2021-12-24at10_50_04.thumb.png.671d2b7e916b94ff8e6d180cbef624cb.png

On 24/12/2021 at 22:01, Levo said:

As I said in my original post, I have it all set up and use it for Iphone system tasks and 2 other apps. All four buttons are green as per your picture too.

This is the Settings screen I get688168025_Screenshot2021-12-24at10_50_04.thumb.png.671d2b7e916b94ff8e6d180cbef624cb.png

Hi @Levo,

I forwarded your query to the iOS development team directly to come back to me with a answer.

I will let you know as soon as I have an answer.

Thank you - Arvin

On 24/12/2021 at 22:01, Levo said:

Hi @Levo,

On your Iphone, go to Settings  then scroll down to your apps and IG Trading.

image.png

The option to enable Face ID should be there.

I hope that it helps.

All the best -Arvin

On 31/12/2021 at 20:52, Levo said:

Hi Arvin,

Thanks for following up. Unfortunately something strange is going on here. I don't have the option under that menu either. 

114033871_Screenshot2021-12-31at09_42_23.thumb.png.bf0bf685e3de529f855b35b4ff9faeb8.png

On 31/12/2021 at 21:09, andysinclair said:

I don't have that option either. I am using the latest version of both the app and iOS.

I can use Face ID for other apps. Very odd.

Hi @Levo @andysinclair,

Happy new year!

I will forward your screenshot and feedback to the relevant department to find a solution.

Thank you - Arvin

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Plamen said:

Hi, 

can jump in and confirm that I don’t have the FaceID option at all. Similarly to the others FaceID doesn’t appear in settings for IG trading.

Cheers,

Plamen  

Hi @Plamen

Just to confirm did you try the following by adding Face ID authentication in your iPhone trading app by selecting ‘more’ from the menu at the bottom of the app, then ‘settings’, then by sliding the button next to ‘Face ID authentication’ to the right ?

What IOS version are you using? So I can forward your feedback to the relevant department to find a solution.

All the best - MongiIG

2 hours ago, MongiIG said:

Hi @Plamen

Just to confirm did you try the following by adding Face ID authentication in your iPhone trading app by selecting ‘more’ from the menu at the bottom of the app, then ‘settings’, then by sliding the button next to ‘Face ID authentication’ to the right ?

What IOS version are you using? So I can forward your feedback to the relevant department to find a solution.

All the best - MongiIG

Hi, 

yep, followed the steps but nothing. 

14.8.1 at the moment but will update tonight hoping it may fix it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2022 at 20:29, MongiIG said:

Hi @Plamen

All the best - MongiIG

Same problem here. Never could use face ID then late last year it suddenly was working. Then a few weeks later was gone again and I cant find the option to put it back on at all as per your suggestions. Have the latest IOS. 

• 1 year later...

Hi. Did anyone get a response from IG as to what went wrong here?

I do not have the FaceID option within "Account Settings" in the IG Trading App. it is also not within the App settings in iOS either. my screenshots are just like the ones earlier in this thread.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

my app version is 10.1455.2. iOS version 17.1.2. iphone 12.

Thanks

Edited by db8000
  • Like 1

Hi @db8000,

Thank you for your post.

Please note that you need to go to your phone Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Other Apps > Enable it for the  IG Trading App. See below

image.png

image.png

Then go to your IG app and go to Account > Settings > Face ID Authentication. 

image.png

You won't be able to see this on your IG App if FaceID & Passcode is not enabled from your phone settings.

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG

1 hour ago, andysinclair said:

It's not working for me neither.

The app is not in  the "Other Apps" section of the Face ID settings.

Any ideas? I've already deleted and re-downloaded the app from the App Store, and still not working.

Thanks

Andy

Hi @andysinclair,

Kindly allow the IG app to use Face ID as in the below screenshot.

image.png

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG

10 hours ago, db8000 said:

It’s not in my ‘other apps’ either. I can’t enable it for IG Trading. 
the option isn’t in the IG app account settings either. 

Hi @db8000 and @andysinclair,

I'm not sure what the issue could be, but you can find assistance on Apple support pages. Here is a helpful link: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254763003?sortBy=best . Please check it out and let us know if it works. 

Thanks,

KoketsoIG

- KoketsoIG

Morning @KoketsoIG

I've now looked at that thread. I have the required permissions 'allowed'. FaceID works for every other app but IG Trading.

This is something peculiar to IG. Particularly as others are suffering with the same problem.

Back in 2022, @MongiIG referred it to your technical department. Was there a solution?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, db8000 said:

Morning @KoketsoIG

I've now looked at that thread. I have the required permissions 'allowed'. FaceID works for every other app but IG Trading.

This is something peculiar to IG. Particularly as others are suffering with the same problem.

Back in 2022, @MongiIG referred it to your technical department. Was there a solution?

Same here, all other apps work fine with FaceID, only IG has an issue.

It looks to me (I'm a software developer) as if iOS is not detecting that FaceID is a capability of the IG app.

• Like 2

Thanks. if it helps concentrate the product team's minds - i now only use IG for long term investments as it's laborious to type in a long random-character password every time on a phone. i use a competitor for daily stuff as i can login quickly wherever i am!

The lack of FaceID does have a commercial consequence...

thanks for looking into this though.

• Like 1