Awaiting live price stream - 4G data

Amrhossam

Question

When connecting to 4G data I can’t access live pricing and my account balance & margins are not updated 

this is happening on IPhone app as well as web version on my desktop when I connect over 4g , but when connecting over wifi everything works fine  

has anyone faced such a problem: everything works fine on wifi but not in 4g data ?

21 answers to this question

23 hours ago, CPD4 said:

I am experiencing exactly the same thing IPhone 12 Pro IOS 15.3

12 hours ago, Rh23 said:

I am facing the exact same issue since the start of this week. I have an iphone13 pro, in the Vodafone network.

judging by the other comments you have an issue with Vodafone here.  Can we get this resolved asap as it is impossible to make orders unless you are on a desktop or connected to Wi-Fi. 

12 hours ago, ScorpionTrader said:

I have same problem. This only started yesterday morning (or over weekend that noone noticed). Everything was ok till Friday evening. Live streaming is frozen on 4g or 5g but all good on wifi.

I have iPhone 12 Pro on Vodafone.

Will appreciate update on this issue.

4 hours ago, Amrhossam said:

Can we have update on when this issue will be fixed please ?  We obviously can’t do any trading if we are not connected to Wifi , so we appreciated if this is treated with higher priority please 

appreciate any update your end 

thanks 😊 

Hi @Amrhossam @CPD4 @ScorpionTrader @Rh23,

The IT team is working on the matter. It has been identified that the issue only affects clients using Vodafon as their ISP. More generally, some Vodafon clients have not been upload images or videos on Twitter for few days now.

We are trying to get a fix on Vodafon ends but we are awaiting for a fix. 
A workaround would be to use a Wifi network at the moment.

We will keep you updated once fixed by Vodafon.

Thank you for your patience - Arvin

I am facing the exact same issue since the start of this week. I have an iphone13 pro, in the Vodafone network.

judging by the other comments you have an issue with Vodafone here.  Can we get this resolved asap as it is impossible to make orders unless you are on a desktop or connected to Wi-Fi. 

22 minutes ago, Amrhossam said:

When connecting to 4G data I can’t access live pricing and my account balance & margins are not updated 

this is happening on IPhone app as well as web version on my desktop when I connect over 4g , but when connecting over wifi everything works fine  

has anyone faced such a problem: everything works fine on wifi but not in 4g data ?

Hi @Amrhossam,

Thank you for your post. It is possible that the 4G connection is unstable or to weak to support the data feed. 
Could you please confirm which Iphone model and iOS version you are using?

We will be able to raise it to IT or App developer for some feedback.

Thank you - Arvin

46 minutes ago, CPD4 said:

I am experiencing exactly the same thing IPhone 12 Pro IOS 15.3

6 minutes ago, Amrhossam said:

Also I want to add that my 4g connection is very good and stable ( 100Mpbs ) as per the screen shot attached 

everything was working perfectly fine last week but not anymore since today morning 

59070904-167A-473A-A199-726F20240DC0.png

Hi @Amrhossam @CPD4,

Thank you for your messages, I raised the issue to IT. Could you please both confirm who is you provider?

It could be an ISP issue.

Thank you for confirming - Arvin

• Thanks 1

@AndaIG I don't think this has anything to do with Vodafone. Today when my streaming stopped on 4g, I checked my twitter and it was all ok.

More over, IG Demo account worked fine on 4G - all price were streaming as they should. 

Also check this post where streaming in API stopped working as well.. looks connected as both stopped after weekend.

Will appreciate if IT can have a proper look. If demo account works, surely they can find why live account does not work.

This should be treated as highest priority/ production down/ P0  issue as it is preventing us from trading and the platform is not accessible 

can that be escalated to management please to get it resolved ASAP, it’s really not acceptable to have such problem for more than 72 hours now and we even don’t have fix ETA

Hi @ScorpionTrader @Amrhossam

Our IT team is still looking at this issue. I'm afraid we have no feedback just yet. However there is a real possibility that the issue could be at Vodafone's end. I will share some articles that we have come across:

https://piunikaweb.com/2022/02/09/twitter-videos-images-not-loading-for-vodafone-uk-subscribers/

https://www.reuters.com/technology/vodafone-portugal-hit-by-hackers-says-no-client-data-breach-2022-02-08/

We will keep in touch when we have feedback from IT. 

All the best, 

Anda

On 07/02/2022 at 22:19, Amrhossam said:

Came here looking for answers after another frustrating day on the app, this has been since Monday for me too. Have deleted and reinstalled the app today, but it's still the same, markets show as open, but no stream or information of my account. I am also on Vodafone with an Iphone 12. Properly frustrating!!!

10 hours ago, Onthecurve said:

Came here looking for answers after another frustrating day on the app, this has been since Monday for me too. Have deleted and reinstalled the app today, but it's still the same, markets show as open, but no stream or information of my account. I am also on Vodafone with an Iphone 12. Properly frustrating!!!

Hi @Onthecurve,

We apologies for the inconvenience caused. Our IT team advised that they expecting a fix from Vodafone in the morning UK time. We will then be able to run test on the iOS app.

Thank you for your patience - Arvin