I cannot login with IG API Companion

MaximusFred

Question

I do not manage to login using IG API Companion with Demo account. I get below error. I provide correct API Key, User Name and Password but I do not succeed. I do not understand what security issue there is? Invalid details?

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

HTTP 400

cache-control: no-cache, no-store
content-length: 61
content-type: application/json

{
    "errorCode": "error.security.invalid-details"
}

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, MaximusFred said:

I do not manage to login using IG API Companion with Demo account. I get below error. I provide correct API Key, User Name and Password but I do not succeed. I do not understand what security issue there is? Invalid details?

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

HTTP 400

cache-control: no-cache, no-store
content-length: 61
content-type: application/json

{
    "errorCode": "error.security.invalid-details"
}

Hi @MaximusFred,

This error code is usually due to the fact that your account is locked due to password failure.

Please reach out to the helpdesk to unlock your account.

Thank you - Arvin

• Like 1
On 11/04/2022 at 03:40, ArvinIG said:

Hi @MaximusFred,

This error code is usually due to the fact that your account is locked due to password failure.

Please reach out to the helpdesk to unlock your account.

Thank you - Arvin

Hi, I havn't done any changes but login is now working successfully. I can now also implement this in own python code connecting to the IG.com API. Now the challenge is to get historical data for different epic's as individual stocks. I have not got that to work yet. I get error code. Error: request failed with code: 403:{"errorCode":"unauthorised.access.to.equity.exception"}

On 23/04/2022 at 19:52, MaximusFred said:

Hi, I havn't done any changes but login is now working successfully. I can now also implement this in own python code connecting to the IG.com API. Now the challenge is to get historical data for different epic's as individual stocks. I have not got that to work yet. I get error code. Error: request failed with code: 403:{"errorCode":"unauthorised.access.to.equity.exception"}

Hi @MaximusFred,

For further assistance, please reach out to webapisupport@ig.com.

Thank you - Arvin