Forbidden error on all endpoints

Garry7

Question

Hi,

I'm getting an error whenever I try to log in via the API (I suspect all endpoints are affected cos it started happening on the 24th around 5.30pm UK time when I tried to retrieve current account balance)

The error is the following:

Forbidden <HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>Access Denied</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>

You don't have permission to access "http://demo-api.ig.com/gateway/deal/session" on this server.

Has anyone seen or overcome this error?

If I try logging in via the API companion, it works fine, seems like its just my server... I've tried via Python, curl and a basic Rest client in the browser, all having the same problem. Is it possible my server been blacklisted or something?

My live account is still logging in fine and running a live strategy, I was hoping to run a new strategy in demo mode for a month or so first but clearly that's not happening...

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Garry7 said:

Hi,

I'm getting an error whenever I try to log in via the API (I suspect all endpoints are affected cos it started happening on the 24th around 5.30pm UK time when I tried to retrieve current account balance)

The error is the following:

Has anyone seen or overcome this error?

If I try logging in via the API companion, it works fine, seems like its just my server... I've tried via Python, curl and a basic Rest client in the browser, all having the same problem. Is it possible my server been blacklisted or something?

My live account is still logging in fine and running a live strategy, I was hoping to run a new strategy in demo mode for a month or so first but clearly that's not happening...

Hi @Garry7,

Thank you for your post.

You can to try logging into IG REST companion, which is a sample API (https://labs.ig.com/sample-apps/api-companion/index.html)

If you still facing issues, provide us with the username and API key, a screenshot of your attempt on REST would be helpful too. Send all the details to webapisupport@ig.com.

All the best - Arvin

Hi @Garry7

I got exactly the same problem as you

It's driving me crazy that I could do nothing to fix this...

I was wondering if you had solved this problem? I mailed them but they only told me that the API key is available.

I do think that the live API service has blocked some server including mine or yours.

BTW, I use Google Apps Script.