PRT volume indicator for SB accounts

coolebenji

Question

Hello Ig,

Volume has now been added to ig charts but how long do you expect to be added to PRT?

l spoke to someone on the phone and they said you were working on it. l did sign up to PRT on SB but didn't keep it active as l was especially after the volume indicator which l can get on the free end of day PRT.

Many thanks

Benji

14 answers to this question

Hi  - I am new to IG.com and have also raised the question of volume on PRT for spread betting.

Any further news on this? I find IG's web based charts too slow and it burns the performance of my Mac. Volume is such a key indicator and PRT works so well, keen to know when this will finally be resolved.

Any news on progress?

Cheers

Hi 

I will look to get an update for you with regards to this. As soon as I get something in terms of plans or timelines I will let you all know. 

With regards to the issues of performance you are having naturally that is not expected behavior and so we would love the opportunity to help resolve this issue with you. Do give us a call sometime and a member of the technical support team will be glad to help. 

Thanks

Hi,

Just a quick comment to say thanks for asking the volume question as I hadn't even noticed that volume had been put on the basic charts and through reading this post, I've learnt something new today.

That may also raise the point that IG should advertise any developments a bit better. Or maybe it's just that I need to read my emails in more detail. Either way thanks IG for the new indicator.

Dareth

Hi  ,  and 

Some promising developments. The technical work has been completed for this feature and is currently being tested. Barring any unforeseen issues with the development work, we’re hoping to go live at the end of the month.

I’ll let you know if there are any further updates.

Cheers,

Dan

I am also very keen to see volume introduced in PRT's chart package for spread betting. It's arguably the most important indicator there is for most instruments. Is there a firm date for it's introduction yet?

Thank you. 

Hi 

There is only a small amount of development work left to be completed for volume on PRT spreadbetting charts, so we should hopefully have some positive news soon. We haven't got an exact data yet, as we'll first need to run some tests and then choose an appropriate release data, but rest assured a lot of progress has been made!

Thanks,
Dan

Hello Guys,

Its an old thread but i see some securities showing volume while some not

Q1. Is their a list where i can find which ones are showing the volume

Q2. This volume is it coming from CME futures or is it for Forex also.

Please respond when you can

Cheers

Hello  and  l have recently re-initiated PRT looking forward to see the Volume indicator but was disappoint not to see it there...?

Another dislike with PRT with the size of lists being very small and l couldn't compare all the stock l wanted with each other.. also the available pre-selected lists, ie 'UK Top 100 A-I', 'UK Top 100 J-Z' etc... these two issues are interrelated, for the UK lists there are just the example ones l mentioned in two different 'UK Top 100' lists... there are plenty of instruments in lists that have very little relevance to me, 'Belgium', 'France', but what l need is a full list in one list for UK stocks, UK100, UK250 etc, l did start putting together my own UK250 List but it would have been in several Lists and no good as l couldn't compare them as well as spending a lot of time inputting this basic data..

I do use http://shareprices.com/ and l can look at  http://shareprices.com/ftse250 for example and rearrange the stocks increasing/decreasing order of Price, Change % and Day's Volume which l am particularly interested in, this data is what l would like to see on IG and PRT so can look at the charts of these companies very quickly, l feel IG is particularly weak in this area... 

Many thanks with all your efforts so far

coolebenji

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your reply.

l have had a couple of thoughts on this and l don't know how praticle it could be:

End of day volume data could be a good start and would be something l would be enormously interested in seeing on the IG/PRT plateform, it would mean we could at least have daily data to analyse without added increase in data in a live feed to you.

I am speculating now, how far could the possibilities be pushed, by having end of period volume data for periods of 5 min increments would see a dramatic reduction in data being sent?

l don't know if CFD have live volume data but all things being relative could SB not use this volume data? 

Love to hear anything you have to say on the matter..

Best regards

Benji

Hey Benji,

Welcome to the Community. I know we've been looking into adding Volume to the ProRealTime spreadbetting charts, however due to the increase in data that we would be sending to PRT it's actually quite a complex matter. Our technical architects are looking in to the feasibility of this, however it may be some time before the project will get off the ground I'm afraid.

We'll let you know if we get any updates.

Tim 

Hi 

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. I do have some good news to give and to say that progress is being made with regards to having tick volume data on the ProRealTime platform. 

With that said I will not be able to give a specific timeline however once I get some more definitive news I will be sure to let you know.

Rest assured I am as excited as you are about this! 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    woodmanxx
    Joined 12/08/22 15:32
    • Whether you are an experienced trader or just learning the ropes, the cryptocurrency exchange from Hong Kong, KudX, may be worth trying it out. It strives to become the most advanced cryptocurrency exchange out there by giving its users the best trading experience ever.  As the cryptocurrency space continues to evolve at dizzying speeds, the demands of traders are rising too. To keep up with them, KudX implements the most current and innovative approaches that were either not available in the industry before or are entirely new and groundbreaking on their own. These include advanced order types, margin trading, derivatives markets, cryptocurrency staking, to name but just a few. If you are into algorithmic trading, the state-of-the-art WebSockets API allows you to develop your own trading tools, simple or sophisticated but equally fast and effective. Now you will never miss an arbitrage or scalping opportunity.  Ensuring the safety of user funds is a top priority at KudX. To offer world class security, the exchange follows the time-tested techniques such as two-factor authentication, SMS alerts, tamper-proof codes, withdrawal address whitelisting – not even speaking of traditional email confirmations. At the same time the exchange remains entirely user-focused by providing an intuitive interface available in multiple languages, coupled with unmatched levels of customer service accessible through a round-the-clock multilingual help desk.  If you are a day trader or arbitrageur, or both, trading fees, along with deposit and withdrawal delays, can be a real pain in the neck. This is where KudX shines at its brightest as its fee structure and fee tiers as well as instant withdraws and fast deposits will make even the most thrifty and picky trader happy. Website: https://kudx.com/ Contact Us Support Service:support@kudx.com Token Listings:listing@kudx.com Business Offers:business@kudx.com Get 100$ Welcome bonus in USDT for trading crypto on KudX! Hong Kong-based exchange KudX is expanding its internationaloperations and welcomes new traders from around the world. New users can sign up with the exchange and receive a 100$ Welcome bonus in USDT for trading crypto on the platform. The promotion runs until the end of 2022. Please follow these steps to participate in the program: - sign up with the exchange using the invitation code HS739S - verify your account - make a trade for 50$ To become eligible for the bonus, make a single trade (buy or sell) on any cryptocurrency pair with value of 50$ or more. You will receive the reward to your USDT account on KudX within the next 3 days. You can then use the money for trading or withdraw it immediately.  The bonus will only be granted once per new user. If KudX determines that a user has been registered with the exchange before or otherwise tries to abuse the program, KudX reserves the right to refuse, suspend, or withdraw the bonus from the user’s balance, as well as the right to forfeit any other bonus already granted to that user. With the 100$ Welcome bonus, you can invest in cryptocurrency without using a lot of your own money. Begin your crypto trading journey today – sign up with KudX and claim your reward right now! And don’t miss our future announcements to get even more bonuses that are coming next! KU DIGITAL SOLUTIONS LIMITED (“KudX”) is a cryptocurrency trading platform founded in March 2020 and registered with the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong. It is now available worldwide and enables 300,000+ of its users to buy and sell over 50 cryptocurrencies in highly liquid markets. Still not convinced? Check it out and see for yourself!
    • KLA Corp., Elliott Wave Technical Analysis KLA Corp.,(KLAC:NASDAQ): Daily Chart, August 12, 2022,  KLACStock Market Analysis:Looking for further continuation lower into wave c) of {ii}. Wave (b) may not be finished, however I am still looking for further downside after the initial move up we had in a five wave manner. KLAC Elliott Wave count:  Wave c) of {ii}. KLACTrading Strategy: wait for the end of wave {ii} to start building long positions to target ATH. KLAC Technical Indicators:We are above all EMAs which suggests we have resumed the uptrend. We could find support off the 200 EMA. TradingLounge Analyst: Alessio Barretta       KLACorp.,KLAC: 4-hour Chart, August 12 2022,  KLA Corp., Elliott Wave Technical Analysis KLAC Stock Market Analysis: Looking for completion of wave (b) to then resume downside into wave c) which could eveb be traded on short timeframes. KLACElliott Wave count:  Wave c of (b). KLAC Technical Indicators: We are facing resistance off the 20 EMA which could be a sign wave (b) is completed or nearly completed. KLACTrading Strategy: You could either look for shorts into wave c) or/and wait for a larger swing once wave {ii} is finished and target he upside with wave {iii}.
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge 3-Daily Chart, 12 August 2022, Monero(XMRUSD) XMRUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave I Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave C of Zigzag Details: The sub-wave of the first wave is about to end. Watch out for the reverse in Wave Cancel invalid Level: Monero(XMRUSD) Trading Strategy: The entry price is entering the last wave of the first wave. And it is going up to test resistance at MA50, waiting for a reversal in the second wave to enter the trend again. Monero(XMRUSD) Indicators: MACD and MACD Histogram have a reversal signal in an uptrend. TradingLounge Analyst: Kittiampon Somboonsod Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge 4H Chart, 12 August 2022, Monero(XMRUSD) XMRUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((4)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave I of C Details: Entering the fifth wave. Watch out for the reverse Wave Cancel invalid Level: Monero(XMRUSD) Trading Strategy: The short-term rise of the fifth wave After the fourth wave The level of the end of the triangle pattern is at The end of wave D, but if the price descends below the end of wave E, it is possible that the fifth wave may end at wave B. Monero(XMRUSD) Technical Indicators: MACD and MACD Histogram continue in the same direction.