Community Enhancement considerations

rimmy2000

A few things that may improve the Community section:

• Ability to draft an article, save a draft
  • About me page - i) add paragraph of text or 'bio' section. ii) perhaps including pick top stocks or 'favorite stocks for the year' or similar?
  • ability to properly reference stocks by ticker code (perhaps to make the link bring up a small share chart or to link to respective 'market info' research page
  • Ability to Vote down posts, as a means to try and improve quality of posts.

Guest oilfxpro

Everybody has an opinion on forums, if somebody has agendas the poster will immediately  post the vote down.I went to a forum several years ago,  the charlatans on the forum wanted to debunk trading psychology, they were selling educational courses , 5 % of the trading skills, they wanted their clients to believe psychology was not important  .The private forum rebuttal team, to keep sponsors happy, the sponsors were bucket shops, went and clicked don't like .

Equally the like button on I G  may be to promote  IG's owns agendas, but it could also be a genuine attempt  to see a forum  that is more liked than disliked.

IG are not forum operators who rely on forums scamming and tactics to create a fictitious business model. Ig provide a forum for traders to ask questions, so these people know what their clients require.

Several years ago , I went to Elite trader, the resident forum scammers said I G options were expensive, the same scammer is selling option  education courses on the forum.

I  already see a scammer on this  forum, I don't have to name him  or prove anything to  James at  I G.So every new  trader beware!

The like likes theory was to made this forum look good by I G , in their own interests to make forum content look good and like able.

The chimps on private forums misused the like  button. A few scammers got together in a team , signed up on E T , and started giving likes to each  other. There were a few members with 80 % likes to post ratio on posts The real traders laughed at  these like like chimps.

In other words several members posted 10,000 posts combined, the several baboons received 90 % likes on their posts.I G index does not want these type of people here.

Likes/dislikes mean nothing.

Guest oilfxpro

Several years ago , I went to Elite trader, the resident forum scammers said I G options were expensive, the same scammer is selling option  education courses on the forum.

IG's options are the only thing making money for me.

The trading industry charlatans and the private forums are the blind leading the blind.

Guest oilfxpro

The solution may be to write articles and more sticky threads, but these threads must be of higher quality content . than the average threads.Here is an example of articles on trade2win. The articles are at the top.

http://www.trade2win.com/

The problem with the articles and sticky, in private forums is it also gets misused.The article writer, usually a vendor selling to the community, is never allowed to be criticized.The sticky threads, on some private private forums, are to market some gimmick or charlatan to the new visitor.

The solution is to create a sticky best threads, in every section.These would contain the best threads in the section.What happens to any threads that conflict with IG's marketing?

https://www.ig.com/uk/learn-to-trade/ig-academy

ig psychologist.jpg

I would rather listen to real psychologists,  people with phd's in psychology, than Ig's Paul Robinson.The subject is far more detailed and beyond the knowledge of most posters , the superior knowledge is obtained by listening to many webinars and reading articles /books by top trading psychologists and other non trading psychologists .These psychologists are Rande Howell , Dr Br Steenbarger , Dr Van tharp , Mark Douglas , Dr Andrew Menaker and a few others .The knowledge of the subject of psychology of these psychologists is way superior to the discussions by non psychologists .

I would rather listen to the psychologists here

https://profitabletraders.wordpress.com/trading-psychology-is-more-important/

Here is an example of the best threads stick at trade2win

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psychology-risk-money-management/

Many new posters will write average threads and posts, we don't want them to be discouraged.I  try to give likes to new posters,  to encourage them to post.We can't have these posters disliked.

Can I G provide a unbiased forum for IG traders?

rimmy2000 wrote:

A few things that may improve the Community section:

• Ability to draft an article, save a draft
  • About me page - i) add paragraph of text or 'bio' section. ii) perhaps including pick top stocks or 'favorite stocks for the year' or similar?
  • ability to properly reference stocks by ticker code (perhaps to make the link bring up a small share chart or to link to respective 'market info' research page

Hi Rimmy - thanks for the post and noted for the on going review process. Some good points, some of which are easier to implement than others, and if anyone else has any suggestions on this please let me know in the comments section below. 

Guest oilfxpro

Casey

I don't have any problems with forums, to me they are for killing time , because I have 5 minutes work daily.I don't know what to do for the other 10 hours a day.

I thought of adding value points to this discussion, with relevant links to see " how a good forum site should be set up".I don't like forums for learning purposes, I don't like IG's psychology trading academy.I would not go there.

If I criticize it, debunk with rebuttals,  it will annoy IG  ..I am constructive ,I say it is joke  but a important information in the wrong place i.e IG psychology webinars, so I learn from real psychologists.

The I G psychology in trading academy is basic, it is written by IG's amateurs and written for noobs .Those who know nowt are teaching the new.This is where the forum can improve and help it get to a professional level.

1)Not cutting your losses is not psychology

2)mistakes are and are not psychology , they are trading mistakes

3)common trading mistakes part 1 are not clearly explained

4)Market timing is not psychology

5)record keeping is not psychology

https://www.ig.com/uk/ig-academy/trading-psychology/common-trading-mistakes-part-three

oilfxpro wrote:

Can I G provide a unbiased forum for IG traders?

Hi - I'm not sure what you are referring to. All posts on IG community are from members (and therefore clients) of IG. Any post by IG staff are clearly marked, and from the last few months worth of Community moderation I've been involved in, I personally can't see a bias.

Could you please expand on this point so I can see this from your point of view, so we can continue to provide an open, transparent forum where clients can discuss trade ideas, and help each other via the help and support areas.

Guest oilfxpro

James 

My question to you was really a general question.How long will I G let the forum remain independent and unbiased?

If I G can let the forum remain independent, it will be a good thing.

Let us say some knocked everything about the I G  academy as providing little information, little information is dangerous for traders .Will I G let it remain unbiased, in the event someone makes negative debunking comments on all these webinars in the ig trading academy?

oilfxpro wrote:

James My question to you was really a general question.How long will I G let the forum remain independent and unbiased?

If I G can let the forum remain independent, it will be a good thing.

Let us say some knocked everything about the I G  academy as providing little information, little information is dangerous for traders .Will I G let it remain unbiased, in the event someone makes negative debunking comments on all these webinars in the ig trading academy?

Hi - thanks for clarification on your question. 

The purpose of the IG trading forum is to provide an area for clients to discuss the markets, help each other, and provide feedback. There have been a number of clients (especially over the new web trading upgrade roll out) who have provided negative sentiment and constructive criticism and feedback. These haven't been deleted or removed, and the forum remains open. 

More recently there have been negative sentiments surrounding the 'unlongable' cryptocurrency restrictions. Once again as an open and unbiased forum, the role of IG was to appropriately answer these concerns which I feel I did. 

Going forwards if there are views and opinions which you'd like to share, feel free, however obviously note that all activity on here is reviewed on a case by case basis and if there is needlessly spammy negativity then a moderator may need to step in. 

Archived