Jump to content
  • 0

How to set time zone for charts in new platform?

Question

Hi All,

 

Does anyone know where the new platform gets it time zone info from?

I am in Brisbane, but my charts show Sydney time which is one hour ahead of where I am.

 

It's not getting it from my computer clock, nor my IP location as have changed both with no effect.

 

I have searched the settings within MYIG and the new platform and have not found any way to correct this.

 

Any clues?

 

THANKS!

 

Share this post


Link to post

14 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi There,

 

Yep, I'm in Perth and am also set to Sydney time. I wouldn't think that the whole of the US has their charts set to NY time but I guess they figure we are all on the same timezone over here.

 

I have also checked everywhere I can think of on the new platform but can't find any way to change it either.

 

Hoping someone from IG actually reads these things and does something about it

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi , the time of the platform is linked to your account itself and is not changeable unfortunately.

 

E.g. I login to an IG Australia account here in London at 14:30 my time (BST or GMT+1) and the time on the charts is 23:30 (GMT+10). Is this what you are all seeing?

 

There are no plans to add timezone configuration to our web platform and one of the main reasons is that ProRealTime, the advanced charting package we offer, already has great time zone and trading hours settings. Hence we usually recommend clients looking for these features try PRT.

 

It does cost 40 AUD a month however this is rebated if you trade 4+ times a month, read more here: https://www.ig.com/au/prorealtime 

 

Give me a shout with any questions.

 

Will

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thanks Will.

 

Having another window open when trading isn't going to work for me. I'm pretty good with the 2 hour difference now (though it was 3 hours a couple of weeks ago) so I guess we'll just have to get over it.

 

Unless you guys can sort your platform to realise that everyone all over the world in different places uses it and deserves the same treatment.

 

Your call I guess.

 

Cheers, Dan

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

So Australia has multiple time zones right? So they can’t just all simply be under the east coast time for all IG clients in Aus? What about Perth for example, shouldn’t the system pick that up?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

 You should be able to do all of your trading and analysis through ProRealTime, if you choose to use it.

 

If we didn't offer ProRealTime we would likely already have custom time zones on our web platform, however as PRT does this very well and adding this feature would be a big project it is unlikely we will add this in the near future.

 

Cheers,

 

Will

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

 All Australian accounts are in the same timezone with IG, this is simply to do with how the accounts are setup unfortunately.

 

Again we would recommend ProRealTime in this case.

 

Thanks,

 

Will

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Guest Ballentine
On 04/04/2018 at 09:39, WillA said:

Hi , the time of the platform is linked to your account itself and is not changeable unfortunately.

 

E.g. I login to an IG Australia account here in London at 14:30 my time (BST or GMT+1) and the time on the charts is 23:30 (GMT+10). Is this what you are all seeing?

 

There are no plans to add timezone configuration to our web platform and one of the main reasons is that ProRealTime, the advanced charting package we offer, already has great time zone and trading hours settings. Hence we usually recommend clients looking for these features try PRT.

 

It does cost 40 AUD a month however this is rebated if you trade 4+ times a month, read more here: https://www.ig.com/au/prorealtime 

 

Give me a shout with any questions.

 

Will

 

 

So, if you're in the US and cannot use ProRealTime for trading - what do you suggest? I have a ProRealTime account, and I love it. But, I cannot trade from it here in the US. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 04/04/2018 at 09:39, WillA said:

Hi , the time of the platform is linked to your account itself and is not changeable unfortunately.

 

E.g. I login to an IG Australia account here in London at 14:30 my time (BST or GMT+1) and the time on the charts is 23:30 (GMT+10). Is this what you are all seeing?

 

There are no plans to add timezone configuration to our web platform and one of the main reasons is that ProRealTime, the advanced charting package we offer, already has great time zone and trading hours settings. Hence we usually recommend clients looking for these features try PRT.

 

It does cost 40 AUD a month however this is rebated if you trade 4+ times a month, read more here: https://www.ig.com/au/prorealtime 

 

Give me a shout with any questions.

 

Will

 

 

Please forgive me if this is in duplicate. I am new to the group and realized my first reply was submitted as a guest. I am now resubmitting with from my account so I can be notified when you reply.

Here in the US, we cannot use ProRealTime for trading. Only for analysis. So, what do you suggest as a timezone solution in such a situation?

I would love to trade from ProRealTime, as I am comfortable with their system. But, IG US doesn't connect with ProRealTime. So.....? 

Thank you for your guidance.

In peace,

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi @ballentine, I don't know of any brokers who have adjustable time zones on their own platform, the only option is a third party platform such as PRT, it's unusual the IG version of PRT is not available in the US, I wonder @JamesIG if IG are planning to make it available for US clients in the future?

The other alternative is the web based TradingView platform but IG don't have a dealing link up with them so it would be a case of using tradingview for charting and the IG platform for trading.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hey - we are looking into the roll out of PRT in the US. Whilst we have an internal road map there are a number of variables / dependencies and therefore wouldn't be able to suggest a date at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thanks @Caseynotes  I currently use PRT that way. But it requires me to add variance to my stop & target as data is slightly different. 🤔

 

i hope the PRT timeline is expedited. But done well, as we expect from IG. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Guest Chuck W.
On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 22:51, Caseynotes said:

Hi @ballentine, I don't know of any brokers who have adjustable time zones on their own platform, the only option is a third party platform such as PRT, it's unusual the IG version of PRT is not available in the US, I wonder @JamesIG if IG are planning to make it available for US clients in the future?

The other alternative is the web based TradingView platform but IG don't have a dealing link up with them so it would be a case of using tradingview for charting and the IG platform for trading.  

For US clients (at least) the Oanda charting platforms allow the client to configure the daily boundaries to occur at three possible times:  Midnight local time, 5PM NY (ET), or midnight NY (ET).  It would be nice if the IG charts offered this as well and this would seem to be an easy modification.  I apologize for this being a little off-topic but it is related to the general discussion in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, Guest Chuck W. said:

For US clients (at least) the Oanda charting platforms allow the client to configure the daily boundaries to occur at three possible times:  Midnight local time, 5PM NY (ET), or midnight NY (ET).  It would be nice if the IG charts offered this as well and this would seem to be an easy modification.  I apologize for this being a little off-topic but it is related to the general discussion in this thread.

Oanda use a version of Tradingview charts I think.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      6,934
    • Total Posts
      32,983
    • Total Members
      42,790
    Newest Member
    nkamira
    Joined 25/06/19 23:48
  • Posts

    • Perhaps even less stellar is that none of the essential "Greeks", except for Implied Volatility, are published for any Options on Indexes and Commodities. Options are therefore impossible to price in order to judge "fair value" using any of the traditional metrics. Also since "Theta" is missing one has no idea of the time decay in valuation etc. etc... An account with a futures broker seems the only way if one is serious about Index or Commodity options. I also have an account with Nabtrade, which allows buying calls and puts, as well as writing covered calls for many individual shares but does not allow writing puts, covered or otherwise. What's a punter to do I ask you...?
    • I joined IG  to trade Options chains. and when i enquired i was told i could do this on the Spread Betting platform.  No mention of  needing to telephone in - feel both surprised and disappointed. most likely will close ac. as do not understand why this information was not mentioned
    • Visa are beginning to flex their muscles in relation to tokenisation. This article has just been released. Visa Buys Rambus Payments To Tokenize Any Transaction On Any Network https://www.pymnts.com/visa/2019/visa-buys-rambus-payments-to-tokenize-any-transaction-on-any-network/
×
×