New Platform on ISA

Monions

Question

Hi,

When will the new platform be available for the ISA and Share dealing accounts?

I would prefer to have a unified GUI for all of my accounts, and the HTML5 charts are much better than those available in the old platform. 

Will this be made as an option soon?

9 answers to this question

Great question, and I completely agree. The main thing we didn't want to do with the new web trading platform was force it out quickly for our share dealing clients and force them into a user interface which is more directed at leveraged. We will of course aim for a universal design and user experience, however we wanted to make sure clients requests on share dealing specifically are met. 

With this in mind we are pretty much designing the UX from the ground up, whilst maintaining the basic functionality, charting etc as is currently in use. We are expecting a later summer release, however this is of course subject to change as we want this to be perfect. 

I hope this gives some insight. 

Guest Nick

Is there any update on this? Summer 2018 has long-since come and gone, and Google Chrome is getting quite aggressive at shutting off flash even when a site is whitelisted. The mobile app is a way better experience these days.

On 28/05/2019 at 09:32, JamesIG said:

Unfortunately the only answer i can give on this is that we're working on. We have no ETA at this time. 

Sounds like a stalling tactic JamesIG, the ISA and Share Dealing sites are rough, old and not fun to use.  You need to get it transferred in the same stye as the SB account.  I do wonder if there is anything happening at all on the ISA/Share dealing side given that its such a small part of the IG Business?

• Like 1
On 13/06/2019 at 20:50, heyho said:

Sounds like a stalling tactic JamesIG, the ISA and Share Dealing sites are rough, old and not fun to use.  You need to get it transferred in the same stye as the SB account.  I do wonder if there is anything happening at all on the ISA/Share dealing side given that its such a small part of the IG Business?

In the past we have given more accurate dates, however as with all development road maps as the strategic direction of the company changes (due to a change in regulation, higher priority given to new legal obligations etc), delivery dates also change. Over the last few years due to significant changes in global regulation we unfortunately have had to push back the original delivery date of things such as DRIP and the new share dealing platform. 

It is something we are working on, and something we shall be communicating to all clients in due course. I appreciate this isn't as accurate an answer as you were hoping for. I use the IG share dealing platform personally as well, so believe me when I say I agree with your interest in seeing the update. 

Guest krisdeb

I opened my first live ISA account and I'm so disappointed to see this ugly white slow and unresponsive platform :( Luckily I have IG app... light theme only but better than nothing. Come on guys...

Hi JamesIG, couple of months have now gone anything you can report on the new platform?  Would have thought you would have now incorporated all the new legal changes into the business so should be able to focus on improvements and enhancements big time.