Understanding working orders

Guest Jonathan789

Question

Guest Jonathan789

I am new to the site and have never done working orders before...

I have put in a working order to buy Filta Group (FLTA). The order level is for 272p, and the quote is currently for 270p. Please can someone explain why the order isn't go through.

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Hi @Jonathan789, you will need to be a bit more specific. When you say quote to buy you should be meaning the buy price in the box and not the mid price on the chart (unless you have reset it). When you say 'doesn't go through' do you mean hasn't triggered or has been rejected, if rejected then there should have been a pop up rejection notice with some kind of explanation.

This chart has a large spread and looking at it with price set to 'Ask' (= buy), seems that price sat on 270 for nearly the whole the day and did not rise to 272.

fta1.thumb.PNG.364327ebc7b8ae80d20900aeaec770f2.PNG

Guest Jonathan789

Thanks for responding, Caseynotes.

If I remember correctly, the buy price for the working order was for 272p, which was the price quoted in the right-hand box of the share dealing ticket.  Then the price quoted in the "Latest" column of the working orders screen (which I presume is the price of the latest purchase made in the market?) came down to 270p, but my order was still not triggered, even for a partial fill... 

Hope this gives some more useful info to come back on. 

Hi @Jonathan789, looking again at the 1 hour chart and pulling volume up it appears there was simply no market, as in, no one on the other side to exchange buy/sell contracts with. There looks to have been a sell order go through at 9:30 on the 5 min chart then that was it, absolutely nothing else.

Must admit it's the first time I've seen black volume bars before ('unchanged'?) but the stock is very illiquid, you are very likely to find that the trade is even harder to get out of than to get in.

1003785175_FiltaGroupHoldingsPLC_20181007_08_52.thumb.png.d77718e2252f7f60e7fac697eb3fef2f.png

Guest Jonathan789

Thanks again, Caseynotes.

Can you please tell me how to pull volume up on the chart to get the black bars integrated with the red and green? 

1234084576_Screenshot2018-10-0716_16_38.thumb.png.94245f719f4a9171c9b2fb19dd39d747.png

Also, why do the black volumes result in no change?

Please also make sure your order when placed wasn't just 'limit day'. All those orders are wiped at the end of the day. If you placed an order on Friday you would need to make sure the trade type was Limit GTC (good till cancel)  

I can't see an FLTA order working right now for any of our clients? 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• The P2E ecosystem has always been both fun and rewarding and that world is about to welcome a game-changer in Animalia's ANIM token. With my portfolio of playing all kinds of games and recently the P2E genre, I will say Animalia is a mix of Axie Infinity and Pokemon, with a dash of Dogecoin thrown in for good measure. Animalia is a captivating new game that blends meme-tastic creatures, strategic card battles, and the power of blockchain technology. And at the heart of this ecosystem lies the ANIM token, ready to unlock a world of possibilities. With an affordable initial market cap and a bull market launch, Animalia wants everyone to join the fun. Competitors like Axie Infinity and Gods Unchained have paved the way, but Animalia brings its own unique blend of humor, education, and community focus. It's not just about battling, with Animalia you can collect unique cards, own a piece of the game, and participate in shaping its future through governance rights. Animalia also raises awareness about endangered species and the importance of animal conservation. I have to say I Animalia have done a good job with the graphics of the game albeit a card game. I saw an opportunity with the first 1,000 users who achieve a spot net buy volume of 100 USDT in ANIM/USDT pairs will receive 56 ANIM each during the current promotion on Bitget until March 1. I like to play but I love to earn too so I'm heading over! What are your thoughts about Animalia? Are you going to be an early bird to get you share of the ANIM worm?
    • Hey everyone! I want to play free games that use NFTs in a fun way. GameFi is getting big lately with new ways to play and earn. Does anyone know of games where you can start playing for free, but they still use NFTs in a cool way? Maybe with animal or crypto cards... We know NFTs can make games more fun instead of just seeming like a money grab.  Specifically, I'm looking for games that: - Are really fun even if you don't spend money - Have an active community of players  - Are on major platforms like Bitget etc. - Let you collect rare NFTs just by playing that are worth keeping - Have developers who are involved and keeping the game fresh or have partnerships that will help it last Let me know if you've tried any games that fit what I described above. I'm open to exploring new projects in my spare time.
    • I'm intrigued by NADA Protocol's vision of integrating blockchain technology into the gaming experience. The prospect of owning and trading in-game items through NFTs adds an exciting dimension to gameplay, offering real rewards and enhancing immersion. The marketplace controlled by the NADA token seems promising, providing a platform for users to engage in trading activities within the gaming ecosystem. I'm optimistic about NADA's potential to carve a niche for itself in the competitive gaming world, especially with its focus on creating a fun and economically rewarding gaming environment. Looking forward to exploring this new gaming frontier!
us