Trade

Guest Pikolo

Question

3 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Pikolo said:

Hi all,what is a maximum I can trade per pip £1000 or more?

Hi @Pikolo,  that's what we like to see, someone with real ambition. The highest I ever heard of going through IG was around £21,000/point and IG were quite proud of the fact they were actually able to fill it, I don't know how the trade went but the margin on it would have been fairly hefty, even in the days pre esma margin increase. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• TXN Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Daily Chart, Texas Instruments Inc., (TXN) Daily Chart TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive POSITION: Intermediate (1) DIRECTION: Acceleration in wave 3.   DETAILS: Looking for upside in wave 3 as we seem to have had a shallow wave {c} of 2, potentially indicating a strong upward momentum.       TXN Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge 4Hr Chart, Texas Instruments Inc., (TXN) 4Hr Chart TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive POSITION: Wave {i} of 3. DIRECTION: Top in wave {i}. DETAILS: Looking for a pullback in wave {ii} as we top in wave {i} to then look for additional longs, looking for 172$ to provide support. We conducted a detailed Elliott Wave analysis for Texas Instruments Inc. (Ticker: TXN), examining both its daily and 4-hour chart movements. This analysis aims to provide valuable insights into potential future price movements for traders and investors interested in TXN stock.     * TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – Daily Chart* Texas Instruments Inc. is currently exhibiting a strong impulsive trend, characterized by a motive structure placed in Intermediate wave (1). The stock is anticipated to experience acceleration in wave 3 following a shallow wave {c} of 2. This suggests a robust upward momentum, signaling favorable conditions for bullish positions. * TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – 4Hr Chart* On the 4-hour chart, TXN's impulsive trend is further evident, with the stock positioned in Wave {i} of 3. As the stock approaches the top in wave {i}, a pullback is expected in wave {ii}. This corrective phase presents an opportunity for traders to consider additional long positions, with the key support level identified around $172.   Technical Analyst : Alessio Barretta   Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • The yen trades at 34-year lows versus the US dollar as the Bank of Japan kicks off its two-day monetary policy meeting. USD/JPY reached the June 1990 peak at ¥155.56 while EUR/JPY is fast approaching the October 2007 high at ¥167.74. Asian stocks were mixed and a lower open is expected for European stock markets following disappointing after-hours Q1 US earnings by the likes of Meta Platforms which dropped by 15%. In the US preliminary Q1 GDP, initial jobless claims and pending home sales are on the agenda while in Europe German Bundesbank President Nagel will speak at 4:15pm ahead of Friday's US PCE inflation data release.  
    • In the global geopolitical landscape, gold is often seen as a safe haven asset. However, recently, due to easing tensions in the Middle East, market overbuying, and the potential rise in long-term interest rates, gold prices have experienced their largest drop in nearly two years. Ryan Anderson, from the perspective of a financial analyst, discusses the impact of these factors on gold and the entire financial market, providing in-depth analysis and strategic advice for the current market environment. Ryan Anderson points out that the decline in gold prices reflects the reactions of investors to the easing geopolitical tensions and its impact on market sentiment. As concerns about potential conflicts between Israel and Iran diminish, market participants are adjusting their risk preferences, leading to a decline in gold prices from their highs. Additionally, other factors such as overbuying in market technical positions and the potential rise in long-term interest rates are prompting investors to reevaluate their decisions to hold gold. After a thorough analysis of the factors affecting the gold market, Ryan Anderson mentions that although gold prices have been hit hard in the short term, they remain a valuable asset driven by various factors in the long term. First, while geopolitical uncertainties have temporarily eased due to the Middle East situation, global instability factors persist, such as US-China trade relations and political turmoil in Europe. These factors could potentially increase the demand for gold as a safe haven at any time. Second, the trend of central banks buying gold may continue in the coming years, especially in Asian markets. Stable growth in gold demand from consumers in China and India, especially during festive and wedding seasons, will further support its price through physical purchases. Additionally, with investor concerns about long-term inflation, the role of gold as a hedge tool may be reassessed and emphasized. Ryan Anderson also points out that technical analysis shows that a pullback in gold prices after rapid gains is a common market adjustment behavior. This price adjustment provides potential investors with entry opportunities. Therefore, for those seeking medium to long-term investments, the current price level may be an attractive entry point. In conclusion, although the gold market has recently experienced significant declines, this volatility reflects more of a reaction to immediate news rather than a change in long-term value. According to the analysis of Mr. Anderson, gold remains attractive as a long-term hedge tool. Investors should allocate gold assets reasonably based on their risk preferences and investment objectives.
us