Need help with first time downloading IG MT4

Question

Hi folks, I have just installed MT4 from IG weblink. I have already activated and link my MT4 but I can't place new order. 

Why is it so? 

MT4.png

15 answers to this question

Hi @Jasmineliu,  your order ticket is not live for some reason, see pic below. 

The symbol tab should fill automatically for the opened chart and the sell buy should be coloured. Try the symbol drop down to select manually.

image.png.203be25dd7050b129949243fa0aae37e.png

I know there should be symbol drop down for selection but I don't have. My buy and sell also cannot be click. 

I already installed and reinstalled a few times but still like this. 

ok, and your feed from IG is ok?  File > open an account > pic.

image.png.0703bf0263cf1506606b06ed70ef9a83.png

In your first post your pic shows you logged into your Live account and you had no demo account set up but the pic in your last post shows the demo account is the one that is active, did you just open a new demo? see pic below.

image.png.b6db2401e3cd5356685a7d67ec980add.png

ok, so the live feed needs to turn blue when you click on it, if doesn't then it's not active. 

have you had that email confirming that your account is open? 

is the account funded?

those are the questions that come to mind but call them otherwise.

@Jasmineliu,  that is really odd, yeah @cryptotrader, the account has been funded so it has been linked but just isn't now, can only suggest to ask for tech support at the IG helpdesk.  

image.thumb.png.1c309871ee65c603096080c3ec41e998.png

I'm having the same issue. Is there any data files I can load from IG?

9 hours ago, Addison said:

I'm having the same issue. Is there any data files I can load from IG?

Hi, due to the time of your post the problem with mt4 may have been due to IG's routine Friday evening shut down, if you are still experiencing problems check the feed from the IG server as in the posts above and try a rescan. Post again if that doesn't resolve the issue.

13 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, due to the time of your post the problem with mt4 may have been due to IG's routine Friday evening shut down, if you are still experiencing problems check the feed from the IG server as in the posts above and try a rescan. Post again if that doesn't resolve the issue.

image.thumb.png.2ece9d0557dd461f13fa7368a4f7a2bc.png

Still the same, I must declare that I am using PlayOnMac, Wine (System), ig4setup.exe

10 hours ago, Addison said:

Still the same, I must declare that I am using PlayOnMac, Wine (System), ig4setup.exe

Hi, the problem may be that the market is closed, check by opening a chart in which the market is open such as Bitcoin (BTCUSD in the Forex section) to see if the order ticket comes alive.

For this purpose, I thought it was the mac... so I went to buy a PC... and the same thing happen...

So freaking disappointed with IG.

The market is LIVE. I can see all numbers moving. There is just no orders in my drop down box. I rescan servers from the bottom right button... so many attempts, nothing. 

I download igsetup.exe from https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/ig.group.limited/mt4/ig4setup.exe

as advised from this official page:

https://www.ig.com/sg/help-and-support/platforms/mt4/where-can-i-download-and-install-mt4

Please get a support to call me.

image.thumb.png.cbc715ed99793535d73f256336708133.png

Finally found a way! Press CTRL+U to add a symbol. Click on [C-Forex-SG] tree (if you are trading under IG Singapore) and click on the "show" button. Once show, all the item will be listed in the drop down order box. The default list after installed was for a different country (most likely UK) and that's why some of us cannot trade with that list. Now I wasted my money buying a PC... zzz.

image.png.dbe6fa3205f0bfb45cf8d49c082a839a.png