Sign in to follow this  

Demo L2

Question

Hi, Open positions in demo web trader OMS not showing in IOS L2.

Any ideas why?

Tah

Edited by leecee

6 answers to this question

Hey - i've had a look at the account linked to this Community account and I can't see a fully open account? Please get in contact with our New Business team directly (we would have emailed you details) and we can look into this. 

As a side note, you can't get L2 data on a demo account.

Guest Leecee

Thank you for that.

But now realised I cannot trade in the demo account with L2 even though it correctly displays  my demo account balances

Yes - L2 and DMA access implies that you are putting orders directly into the FX spot market and our LPs, or into an exchange such as the LSE, NYSE or similar. 

You can not do this on a demo account because that would imply you'd be setting orders on these global exchanges with fictitious funds and dummy trades. 

• Like 1

Guest Leecee

Thank you that prompt and informative response James.

@JamesIG Hi.  Does Pro RealTime have an extensive Instrument Filter option?  For instance, I'd like to arrange my search list by percentage moves on the day.  When I opened my account 2 months ago, I opted for the Trial of PRT but never had a chance to use it.  Can we arrange for me to access the trial again?

Thanks

54 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

@JamesIG Hi.  Does Pro RealTime have an extensive Instrument Filter option?  For instance, I'd like to arrange my search list by percentage moves on the day.  When I opened my account 2 months ago, I opted for the Trial of PRT but never had a chance to use it.  Can we arrange for me to access the trial again?

Thanks

Looking at your account you have PRT enabled on your live account? You should therefore be able to use in Demo. Double check this in your MyIG settings area here: My IG > Settings > ProRealTime 

image.png