JD Sports

Seems like nothing can stop JD Sports right now.  I've gone long on a March 2020 future and drawn up a Fibonacci extension.  The most optimistic broker PT is about £8 I believe, but I hope it will go further.

464011894_JDSportsFashionPLC_20190927_13_54.thumb.png.81131b604fb89ced0174b3ecb54c099c.png

Edited by dmedin

On 22 June 2019 at 13:27, davidbrister said:

From my experience with the RSI indicator, once it gets back down to that 30's mark, it tends to then swing back up.

The high volume sell off in that last volume stick and the price drop in the candle could indicate a move to a short position, personally i use the Parabolic SAR with the Macd as my indicators, havent done too much with the Fib charts.

The problem i see with drawing your own lines on the chart is that you can make them any where you want to fit your narrative, which can screw your chart to suit your mind, not your trading plan, so i would be very careful with that.

with out my normal indicators, im going to say its over sold from the RSI and it will move up not down, but i hope for your sake im wrong.

Be interesting to see where it goes, hope u update it later.

Thanks alot

Doesn't seem very significant considering the developments in markets elsewhere but I'm short on JD Sports and it seems to be on the turn.  I've hidden them on the chart but my stop is up above 796 :D

jd.thumb.png.dc4101ea124ef91d44a28cb47881a832.png

Edited by dmedin

Apropos of which, I've gone against one of the cardinal rules that I meant to set for myself, which is not to trade against the trend.  But we'll see what happens with JD Sports - I'd be really surprised if it shoots up past £8 in the near future.  😋

Wtf is this **** ... I give up.  Missed the boat on this stock so many times.

No doubt it will rapidly reverse and go back up again.

758566604_JDSportsFashionPLC_20191126_13_44.thumb.png.c68d183efd40554612c8f94bc83e2601.png

Edited by dmedin

A major shareholder has sold off a ton of their stock ... nasty.

Let's see if we can buy the bottom 🐮😎

1643715924_JDSportsFashionPLC_20191211_15_28.thumb.png.47a0a8cbb8dffab5b8b7da5040197163.png

Edited by dmedin

Buy and hold is clearly the only strategy that works in cases like this.  Ignore the short-term spikes up and down.

In 2016 and again in 2019 JD Sports was the subject of accusations of mistreatment of its UK warehouse staff, with comparisons being made to Victorian 'dark satanic mills' and 'prison' conditions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JD_Sports

Crack the whip and get those lazy proles to work to make me a profit 👺

Come on now bonnie loon, break 880 and keep on shinin' 🐮 - you're daddy's little star! 🌟

314214956_JDSportsFashionPLC_20200221_12_59.thumb.png.875ba3b83645a8104f8bad8127221c73.png

Haha perhaps not then :P Let's see if they get to acquire foot asylum!  Last time I was in a JD Sports shop in town, it was packed to the rafters, utter chaos, the staff were clueless and the customers were arrogant pr!cks ... another example of great British business (treat your employees like cattle and pay them starvation wages)

2135045403_JDSportsFashionPLC_20200305_13_59.thumb.png.ca2d6e1585cdbd5d35e843ce6052fae9.png

On 24/06/2019 at 13:26, Caseynotes said:

Someone bought 50,000 shares on the market open (just under £300,000 worth), wonder what they know that we don't?

image.png.f2bf9e5d48df2c202f6a0f6d3cce9241.png

Hi, where can I find information tables like this?

13 hours ago, mattybower said:

Hi, where can I find information tables like this?

Hi, that one is from the Hargreaves Lansdown web site.