Newbie Trader Help

Guest dlowbz

Question

Guest dlowbz

Hi All

I would like some help as i have been trailing through the IG platform and would like to know is it possible to filter through shares by price, volume within a day/week etc?. I would like to do this to find penny stocks that have high volume?

I have also seen that IG offer a level 2 access which I'm assuming this is a more powerful tool. Could someone explain features, the cost if any and the benefits of this.

Regards

Dan

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, dlowbz said:

Hi All

I would like some help as i have been trailing through the IG platform and would like to know is it possible to filter through shares by price, volume within a day/week etc?. I would like to do this to find penny stocks that have high volume?

I have also seen that IG offer a level 2 access which I'm assuming this is a more powerful tool. Could someone explain features, the cost if any and the benefits of this.

Regards

Dan

The L2 data is by the DMA platform (Direct Market Access) and not more powerful or necessarily cheaper but just a more direct route to the liquidity providers, you will need to pay a monthly fee to see the exchange data feed. 

See https://www.ig.com/uk/l2-trading-platform