PRT Pre-market Data

JackD

Question

Hi, 

I have been using PRT and its really good for trading on the ASX but I am not seeing the pre-market data it's only showing me the previous day until the market opens. I have got live data turned on and have level 1, will I need to get level 2 to see the pre-market data? 
Want to be able to scan for gapping stocks in the pre-market.
Hope that makes sense 

5 answers to this question

On 18/08/2019 at 09:08, JackD said:

Hi, 

I have been using PRT and its really good for trading on the ASX but I am not seeing the pre-market data it's only showing me the previous day until the market opens. I have got live data turned on and have level 1, will I need to get level 2 to see the pre-market data? 
Want to be able to scan for gapping stocks in the pre-market.
Hope that makes sense 

There's often a shortage of feedback in here as I'm sure you're now aware.  I've literally just activated PRT so concerned to see so many unanswered questions regarding it.

Did you figure it out?

11 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

There's often a shortage of feedback in here as I'm sure you're now aware.  I've literally just activated PRT so concerned to see so many unanswered questions regarding it.

Did you figure it out?

IG's PRT uses IG data same as the IG web based platform and will only supply Level I data, to get level II data you would need to subscribe to the particular exchange via IG's DMA platform.

I'm just configuring my PRT platform for the US.

Even with L2 streams subscribed, you don't seem to get pre-market date, except for very limited stocks. Seems to be only a few big ones, like Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc.

It seems like if it says "(All Sessions)" in the name, they have pre-market data, if not then they don't. According to this rule, there are only 25 stocks with pre-market data available. Doesn't help a lot. Probably need to use external screeners or screen on market open

image.png.13a0b51e099b76e0841f4db4f2c390bb.png

29 minutes ago, DSchenk said:

I'm just configuring my PRT platform for the US.

Even with L2 streams subscribed, you don't seem to get pre-market date, except for very limited stocks. Seems to be only a few big ones, like Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc.

yes, the 'all sessions' are US markets IG has selected for extended hours trading, you can see the list here

https://www.ig.com/uk/shares/out-of-hours-shares

Archived