Magazines for Traders

Gaby

Thanks for all contributions on that topic. I am also not reading any magazine right now and spending all my evening time in updating my analysis and price patterns (I am a part-time trader).  But I wanted to check with other fellow traders if this is also what they do.  The only magazine I really liked is the IBD - but it does not fit with my trading style (I am a scalper, therefore short terms price action is really everything for me....).

Regards,

Gaby

Edited by Gaby
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TrendFollower said:

@Caseynotes,

Is that a magazine you read? I assume you are recommending it as there were no words or anything to go with the link. What is good about the magazine from an investors perspective? What would they gain? I just wanted to know before I even think about reading it. I am sure others on the IG Community may also be interested too. 

I don't look at any but I remembered this one was mentioned on the forum a year or so ago so I thought to add it to the pile. It's well established and free so no harm in browsing.

image.thumb.png.bdcadb575c9def8c279342309b9d411b.png

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, DilmorJohn said:

What books do you read?

John J. Murphy 'Technical analysis'

Steven Nison 'Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques'

Glen Arnold 'The Financial Times Guide to Investing', and his book on banking

Ramki N. Ramakrishnan  'Five Waves to Financial Freedom: Learn Elliott Wave Analysis' (clearer than Prechter and Frost initially)

Prechter and Frost 'Elliot Wave Principle' (very difficult to follow initially)

Edwards and Magee 'Technical Analysis of Stock Trends' (excessively wordy but interesting)

Dewey and Og 'Cycles: the mysterious forces that trigger events'

Hurst 'Profit Magic of Stock Transformation Timing'

This plus www.investopedia.org, Reuters and IG articles is more than enough ...