Sign in to follow this  

Troll blocking feature

So further to the recent unpleasantness, in addition to an ability to block threads users are not interested to see (although personally this one I care less about), can we seriously look into an ability to block comments and content from users we do not wish to engage with?  This is about addressing the negative effects of social media, which are becoming more of a social issue elsewhere.  I imagine is people could do so they might be more inclined to get more involved in discussions.  It is is not possible then ok, people can always chose to leave the forum I guess...

You can't block people from posting on the forum, if you use the condensed option rather than the expand option then you don't need to see any text at all and can ignore posts from certain users and use the ignore tab to block any attempted interaction from particular users. Simple.

I think Mercury means a personal ignore list that many other forums have.  Each member manages their own ignore list.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    arshud
    Joined 28/09/20 00:01
    • Is that a trick question..? I'm trying to have a broad picture.  And to consider (and develop an understanding of) as many influences on prices as I can.
    • And just so you can 'get where I'm coming from' for the last 6 months here is a data set from Asia I posted way back in February (Daily Dashboard thread). Looks pretty similar doesn't it and certainly a million miles from Ferguson's model predicting hundreds of thousands of deaths.