Web Platform Questions

UN1234

Question

I am currently doing some testing of the web platform and have some questions:

• 1:

Charts in one workspace reset time to weekly if I change to a different workplace. Is there a way to disable that effect? Obviously I want the candles and charts to stay at the area and in the timeframe I left them (this kind of unwanted reset also happens every logout-login).

• 2:

If it is impossible to avoid that timeframe change with workspace switching, I notice there is a specific option to open a workspace in different browser tabs. Can having different browser tabs for different workspaces on the same account cause any problems with sync, security etc., or is it intended to work that way (I have had problems with that on other platforms in the past)? Same workspace across 2 different tabs do not update changes automatically on both, not sure what would happen...

3:

Each chart in a workspace can be split, but is there a way to display different assets/pairs/CFDs etc. in each such window? It seems I can only split the same asset/pair etc. into different timeframes, but not add e.g. EUR/USD & EUR/GBP in one split chart?

• 4:

Is there a targeted zoom function, or just the in-out buttons?

While using zoom in/out with a mouse scroll wheel, is there a way to enable/disable a kind of 'maintain chart position'? (default is obviously not maintaining)

• 5:

Movement on the web chart seems to have 2 'modes': sometimes it allows me to move freely as I click a random area and move the cursor around, but other times it will only move strictly horizontally or strictly vertically, even though I am seemingly doing exactly the same movement with my mouse. Is that an intentional difference that can be triggered, or a glitch?

• 6:

When trying to click on the time or price scales, to compress or stretch the price and time, how it responds seems to depend on how far/close you are to the center/top/bottom/edges. Is there a way to make that response consistent, i.e. when clicking the price or time line and moving the cursor up/down it will always respond in the same way?

• 7:

Is there a separate risk/reward tool that can be placed on the chart, independently of the buy/sell menu?

• 8:

Can the toolbar be customized?

• 9:

Can the chart background color be chosen, aside from just light mode vs dark mode?

Can the 'price line' / last value line color be chosen?

• 10:

Is there a built-in screenshot tool?

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

On 26/12/2019 at 17:48, UN1234 said:

I am currently doing some testing of the web platform and have some questions:

• 1:

Charts in one workspace reset time to weekly if I change to a different workplace. Is there a way to disable that effect? Obviously I want the candles and charts to stay at the area and in the timeframe I left them (this kind of unwanted reset also happens every logout-login).

• 2:

If it is impossible to avoid that timeframe change with workspace switching, I notice there is a specific option to open a workspace in different browser tabs. Can having different browser tabs for different workspaces on the same account cause any problems with sync, security etc., or is it intended to work that way (I have had problems with that on other platforms in the past)? Same workspace across 2 different tabs do not update changes automatically on both, not sure what would happen...

3:

Each chart in a workspace can be split, but is there a way to display different assets/pairs/CFDs etc. in each such window? It seems I can only split the same asset/pair etc. into different timeframes, but not add e.g. EUR/USD & EUR/GBP in one split chart?

• 4:

Is there a targeted zoom function, or just the in-out buttons?

While using zoom in/out with a mouse scroll wheel, is there a way to enable/disable a kind of 'maintain chart position'? (default is obviously not maintaining)

• 5:

Movement on the web chart seems to have 2 'modes': sometimes it allows me to move freely as I click a random area and move the cursor around, but other times it will only move strictly horizontally or strictly vertically, even though I am seemingly doing exactly the same movement with my mouse. Is that an intentional difference that can be triggered, or a glitch?

• 6:

When trying to click on the time or price scales, to compress or stretch the price and time, how it responds seems to depend on how far/close you are to the center/top/bottom/edges. Is there a way to make that response consistent, i.e. when clicking the price or time line and moving the cursor up/down it will always respond in the same way?

• 7:

Is there a separate risk/reward tool that can be placed on the chart, independently of the buy/sell menu?

• 8:

Can the toolbar be customized?

• 9:

Can the chart background color be chosen, aside from just light mode vs dark mode?

Can the 'price line' / last value line color be chosen?

• 10:

Is there a built-in screenshot tool?

Thanks.

Hi, for saving layouts right click on the chart and select 'Layouts' though it should also auto save.

there is an issue with using different time frames if not using the split screen function.

You can an add multiple charts to a page by using the minimise tab (top right) and manually resize and re-position the charts on the page.

zooming is by the mouse wheel. 

the risk and reward is auto calculated on the deal/order ticket.

there is only light or dark modes as yet for background colour.

for screenshot tool right click on chart and choose 'export chart' and a copy will be placed in your downloads folder.

sorry but don't understand the other questions, the platform is still relatively new and there are new additions added frequently and the tech staff are always keen for feedback and suggestions.

There needs to be enough interest for a feature to get implemented (making a business case, something to add to year end assessments and help towards getting a bonus), I asked for the ability to choose a background colour some time ago but it's still either white or black.  Some people think black is easier on the eyes, but it burns my eyes to a crisp and makes me go almost blind.  Sigh.   Surprised you didn't notice the ability to 'export chart', there's your screenshot tool.