negative cash value?

milbourner

Question

Hi,

I've got a very neglected account which I put a very small amount of money in a while ago and pretty much forgot about.

Trying to withdraw what money is left in there and confused by the account values - hoping someone can explain.

My account value is positive, but the 'cash' value is negative. How is this?

Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, milbourner said:

Hi,

I've got a very neglected account which I put a very small amount of money in a while ago and pretty much forgot about.

Trying to withdraw what money is left in there and confused by the account values - hoping someone can explain.

Thanks in advance.

hi, what sort of account is it? is it a share dealing account that incurs a quarterly inactivity fee.

1 hour ago, milbourner said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

It maybe that there's still shares on the account so the approximate value of your shares are positive but your current balance, due to commission/ other fees is negative. Potentially it's due to some unsettled stock. 

If you give our help desk a call they will be able to determine what the issue is, resolve it then help you withdraw the funds. Sorry I can't check the account and help more with this. 

All the best. 

18 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

ok, hopefully @CharlotteIG can help out on how to move forward.

Thanks for @ me in :)