Force guaranteed stops?

Guest Lenny
Message added by JamesIG

This thread contains an account type known as "Limited Risk". Due to regulatory changes this account type no longer applies for European countries. If you have any questions relating to this, or wish to continue the discussion, please start a new thread. 

Question

Hi,

I just started trading and found my first trade blocked because it had guaranteed stops.

I can't seem to turn off guaranteed stops on my live account, but the demo account doesn't have this restriction.

Is there a way I can remove it so I can place my trade?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Hi Lenny, thanks for the post!

It sounds like your account has been set up as a Limited Risk account, which means that you are obliged to use guaranteed stops on any trade, in order to fully manage your risk.  Most markets permit guaranteed stops (controlled risk), but certain ones cannot have them attached - such as more volatile or less liquid markets - and as such you might find that you are unable to place some positions.

If you would like to discuss the possibility of changing your account type to one which does not enforce guaranteed stops, our New Business team would be happy to talk about this with you.  You can reach them on 0800 195 3100.

If you have any more questions about account types or controlled risk just let us know!

Thanks,

Hannah

Have a question? Try searching the community to see if it has already been answered.

Thanks Hannah,

I'm not sure why that would have been, I certainly didn't ask for it, so I guess I'll see how much this prohibits my trading and then call if it's preventing me doing anything useful.

Andy

Guest svparker1

Hi there

I have also just set up an avcount and IG have imposed a 1.5 point stop obn the account.

what will this mean exactly

please an example say on audusd pair would be great - if its what im thinking then this is way too tight for any trading that I can see as FX bounces around all the time.

thanks in advance - again - little info on website

Hi  thanks for your message. 

All assets will have a minimum 'Guaranteed Stop' distance, as well as a minimum regular stop distance. These are not the levels you need to have your stop at, but are simply the closest you can have your stop at. If you would like to place your stop further away then there is no problem with this, please simply just increase your stop distance (providing you have sufficient funds to cover your trade). 

I hope this clarifies things for you. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, 26 February 24, AAVE/ U.S. dollar(AAVEUSD) AAVEUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Zigzag Position: Wave ((B)) Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave II of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 47.34 AAVE/ U.S. dollar(AAVEUSD)Trading Strategy: Correction of wave 2 in the Zigzag pattern. Price is currently pulling back in wave B before falling again in wave C. The overall picture is still in an uptrend but is correcting to continue upward. AAVE/ U.S. dollar(AAVEUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, Wave Oscillatoris a bullish Momentum. TradingLounge Analyst: Kittiampon Somboonsod, CEWA Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!         Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge 4Hr Chart, 26 February 24, Bitcoin/ U.S. dollar(BTCUSD) AAVEUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Zigzag Position: Wave ((B)) Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave II of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 47.34 Bitcoin/ U.S. dollar(BTCUSD)Trading Strategy: Correction of wave 2 in the Zigzag pattern. Price is currently pulling back in wave B before falling again in wave C. The overall picture is still in an uptrend but is correcting to continue upward. Bitcoin/ U.S. dollar(BTCUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, Wave Oscillators a bullish Momentum.    
    • Naturally after the debut of ERC 404, it was only natural that developers would begin to take advantage of its ability to bridges the gap between fungible (ERC-20) and non-fungible (ERC-721) tokens. One such project is the Dancing Beans ($BEANS) which allows fractional ownership of hilarious meme-inspired creatures NFTs on the blockchain. About a week ago I wrote about the exponential rise of Pandora to 20,000% plus in just five days setting the bar high for competition! I also spoke about other NFT projects like CryptoPunks and Bored Ape Yacht Club but Dancing Beans brings a fresh twist with. While Focusing on fun and interactivity and community-driven approaches the Dancing Beans team is constantly listening to their fans and creating new experiences based on their feedback... For me though, the question is if Beans can follow the successful dancesteps of Pandora and make players, NFT collectors and investors dance about the figures in their wallets. With my fingers crossed, I'm inclined to hold the Beans I bought on Bitget after the recent listing and it has already gone up by 24%... What are your thoughts guys? Pandora style or nah?  
    • In this comprehensive guide, we delve into the intricate world of Elliott Wave analysis applied to the NASDAQ stock market, with a special focus on trading strategies for major tech stocks including NASDAQ 100, Apple (AAPL), Tesla (TSLA), Amazon (AMZN), Nvidia (NVDA), Microsoft (MSFT), Meta Platforms (META), Netflix (NFLX), and Alphabet (GOOGL). Our latest analysis, following the close on Friday, reveals a subdued ending that aligns perfectly with the peak of Wave i), indicating a dip in short-term momentum. This scenario sets the stage for the formation of Wave (c) of ii), marking a pivotal moment for traders to gear up for the upcoming long trade setup across the indices and specific stocks discussed in our analysis. It's important to note, however, that Apple (AAPL) may stand as an exception in this trend. Currently, we are maintaining open long positions in several stocks, with the strategic goal of further building these positions into Wave iii) and beyond. Our strategy includes adding to and adjusting our entries for Microsoft (MSFT), Nvidia (NVDA), Amazon (AMZN), and fine-tuning the entry point for Alphabet (GOOGL). The latter presents a heightened risk in the forthcoming trading session, warranting a cautious approach. This analysis not only provides insights into the expected movements based on Elliott Wave theory but also offers actionable trading strategies for investors looking to capitalize on these patterns. Stay tuned for continuous updates and strategic adjustments to maximize your trading outcomes in the dynamic NASDAQ market and its leading tech giants. Video Chapters 00:00  NASDAQ 100 (NDX) SP500, JPM 06:15  Apple (AAPL) 06:53 Amazon (AMZN) 08:19 Meta Platforms (META) 09:51 NVIDIA (NVDA) 10:29 Netflix (NFLX)  11:09 Alphabet (GOOGL) 12:33 Microsoft MSFT 14:13 Tesla (TSLA) 16:40 End Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge.com  Join & Learn Elliott Wave from Experts Stay ahead of market movements and make informed decisions with our comprehensive analysis.    
us