Jump to content

US ETF


Recommended Posts

Hello

New to IG platform. share trading.

Just cannot buy US ETF s , its saying complex instrument,  have gone through 3 advisors over telephone but just not getting sorted. Any help will be welcome.

Regards

Link to post
32 minutes ago, Arindom said:

Hello

New to IG platform. share trading.

Just cannot buy US ETF s , its saying complex instrument,  have gone through 3 advisors over telephone but just not getting sorted. Any help will be welcome.

Regards

Hi, did you fill out the W8-BEN form for trading US stocks from your My IG web page > Settings?

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, did you fill out the W8-BEN form for trading US stocks from your My IG web page > Settings?

Yes I have done that. Something about professional trader?

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Arindom said:

Yes I have done that. Something about professional trader?

ok, you probably don't want to register as a professional trader. Something rings a bell but can't remember. let me get back to this thread, if not prompt again on Monday when there may be IG staff around.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
1 minute ago, Caseynotes said:

ok, you probably don't want to register as a professional trader. Something rings a bell but can't remember. let me get back to this thread, if not prompt again on Monday when there may be IG staff around.

Thanks @Caseynotes ...... I do want to register, as that's what I joined IG..... investing ETFs

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

@Caseynotes So it seems, but then how will I buy the usual ETF s then..... it's not letting me buy the very simple ones like QQQ, SOXX IBB 

Link to post
12 minutes ago, Arindom said:

@Caseynotes So it seems, but then how will I buy the usual ETF s then..... it's not letting me buy the very simple ones like QQQ, SOXX IBB 

yes, not sure, as said rings a bell but can't remember, it may be something simple like needing to do a first trade person to person via the dealing desk, will come back.

Link to post

I tried to buy the UFO etf but there's something about EU or US law which says that without a published KID/KIID document as an EU citizen you cannot buy those instruments. Whether the same applies to spreadbetting those etfs am not sure...

Link to post
On 29/05/2020 at 20:20, Arindom said:

Hello

New to IG platform. share trading.

Just cannot buy US ETF s , its saying complex instrument,  have gone through 3 advisors over telephone but just not getting sorted. Any help will be welcome.

Regards

 

2 minutes ago, appress said:

I tried to buy the UFO etf but there's something about EU or US law which says that without a published KID/KIID document as an EU citizen you cannot buy those instruments. Whether the same applies to spreadbetting those etfs am not sure...

Thanks for bumping this up.

Link to post
Guest Umairj99

@Arindom Did you manage to sort the US ETF issue out? I have the same problem and I have reached out to help centre, filled in the form online but still can't get US ETFs. I joined IG to invest in ETFs

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

I successfully bought a US ETF but am now encountering the same error described here when trying to purchase an Australian ETF.

 

It seems impossible to get into contact with support to assist which is concerning.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      15,444
    • Total Posts
      74,014
    • Total Members
      62,399
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    Amber_12
    Joined 21/06/21 05:18
  • Posts

    • Some people seem surprised that YouGov polls show half the country are happy living under the covid restrictions and don't want a return to the 'old normal'. Politicians  have 10 times the power and now work a simple top down Chinese Communist Party style politics, no debates, no need to deal with pesky voters. No wonder none of the political parties are pushing for a return the old normal. The NHS have a 10th of the caseload but still receiving £240 billion a year so full pay and plenty of time for making those fabulous tic-tok vids. Of course there's a waiting list, it's a pandemic sheesh. GP telephone assessments, that's if the pt can get past the receptionist which is unlikely, phone 111 or 999. Go back to the old normal? ha - not likely. Education, everyone on full pay but just 2 hours of zoom lecturing a day, no exams and no face to face with the little darlings. Back to the old normal - forget it. CEO's and big corp find the new normal so much simpler, no face to face, customers pick out shiny pictures on web pages and pay upfront. When the thing arrives and is nothing like what's expected too much hassle and expense to send back. Brilliant - go back to the old normal - no way. Well there's half the country right there.
    • So we have 'outbreaks of covid' where no one actually gets sick. We have vaccines 'proven to work' but no actual working out, the vaccine companies still haven't provided complete data sets (still in trials). How would you know anyway when the survival rate was already 99.7% before the vaccines - it becomes 99.8%? Now govt makes law that all workers in care homes must have the experimental jab, and visiting relatives won't? Doubt it. And which profession comes next? Nurses?   Meanwhile how's lockdown going for you? As I said on Friday, you should have gone to Ascot. https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1406550082007224320/pu/vid/592x1280/mi3o2t3MsZxA5GvK.mp4?tag=12      
    • shocking!!!!!!!!   but not surprised as I was always afraid about stuff getting on to those face masks   
×
×
  • Create New...