US ETF

32 minutes ago, Arindom said:

Hello

New to IG platform. share trading.

Just cannot buy US ETF s , its saying complex instrument,  have gone through 3 advisors over telephone but just not getting sorted. Any help will be welcome.

Regards

Hi, did you fill out the W8-BEN form for trading US stocks from your My IG web page > Settings?

3 minutes ago, Arindom said:

Yes I have done that. Something about professional trader?

ok, you probably don't want to register as a professional trader. Something rings a bell but can't remember. let me get back to this thread, if not prompt again on Monday when there may be IG staff around.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Caseynotes said:

ok, you probably don't want to register as a professional trader. Something rings a bell but can't remember. let me get back to this thread, if not prompt again on Monday when there may be IG staff around.

Thanks @Caseynotes ...... I do want to register, as that's what I joined IG..... investing ETFs

3 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

@Caseynotes So it seems, but then how will I buy the usual ETF s then..... it's not letting me buy the very simple ones like QQQ, SOXX IBB 

12 minutes ago, Arindom said:

@Caseynotes So it seems, but then how will I buy the usual ETF s then..... it's not letting me buy the very simple ones like QQQ, SOXX IBB 

yes, not sure, as said rings a bell but can't remember, it may be something simple like needing to do a first trade person to person via the dealing desk, will come back.

I tried to buy the UFO etf but there's something about EU or US law which says that without a published KID/KIID document as an EU citizen you cannot buy those instruments. Whether the same applies to spreadbetting those etfs am not sure...

On 29/05/2020 at 20:20, Arindom said:

Hello

New to IG platform. share trading.

Just cannot buy US ETF s , its saying complex instrument,  have gone through 3 advisors over telephone but just not getting sorted. Any help will be welcome.

Regards

2 minutes ago, appress said:

I tried to buy the UFO etf but there's something about EU or US law which says that without a published KID/KIID document as an EU citizen you cannot buy those instruments. Whether the same applies to spreadbetting those etfs am not sure...

Thanks for bumping this up.

Guest Umairj99

@Arindom Did you manage to sort the US ETF issue out? I have the same problem and I have reached out to help centre, filled in the form online but still can't get US ETFs. I joined IG to invest in ETFs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
9 hours ago, Farmer2 said:

Has this been sorted out? Can a UK resident buy US ETFs?

Hi @Farmer2 

Thanks for reaching out. US ETFs are still not available for retail clients. 

We would also like to draw your attention to the Regulation (EU) No 1286/2014 (the PRIIPs) regulation states that all retail clients must be provided with a Key Information Document (KID) prior to the purchase on any security (PRIIP) within the scope of the regulation. This regulation would prevent you from buying any US or foreign denominated ETF. As this ETF is listed on the NYSE exchange, you would not be able to purchase it with IG. 
This regulation covers (inter alia):

•    Foreign Exchange (FX) Transactions 
•    Over The Counter Derivatives 
•    Exchange Traded Derivatives (including ETFs , ETCs & ETNs)

A KID must be provided to all European retail clients. UK retail clients remain subject to these rules at this time.

All the best, 

OfentseIG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• FTSE 100 Elliott Wave Analysis - Trading Lounge Day Chart FTSE 100 (UK) Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Bullish Trend Mode: Impulsive Structure: Gray wave 3 Position: Orange wave 5 Direction Next Higher Degrees: Gray wave 3 (continue) Details: Gray wave 2 is completed. Now gray wave 3 is in play. Wave cancel/invalidation level: 8,178.07 The FTSE 100 Elliott Wave analysis on the day chart suggests a bullish trend, characterized by an impulsive mode that reflects strong upward momentum. The primary structure in focus is gray wave 3, part of the ongoing upward trend. Currently, the market is positioned within orange wave 5 of gray wave 3, indicating that the market is advancing in the final phase of this wave sequence. The analysis shows that gray wave 2 has been completed, and now gray wave 3 is actively pushing the market higher. The next expected phase is the continuation of gray wave 3, pointing to further upward movement in the near term. This phase will likely continue driving the market upward until a corrective phase begins. The wave structure follows the typical Elliott Wave pattern, where impulsive waves drive the market higher, and corrective waves provide brief pullbacks. The analysis also sets a wave cancellation or invalidation level at 8,178.07. If the market falls below this level, the current Elliott Wave count will be invalidated, necessitating a reassessment of the wave structure. However, as long as the price remains above this threshold, the bullish trend in gray wave 3 is expected to continue. Summary: The FTSE 100 is in a strong bullish phase, with gray wave 3 progressing upward. Orange wave 5 is in play, driving further upward momentum. The invalidation level is set at 8,178.07, with the trend expected to remain intact unless breached.   FTSE 100 Elliott Wave Analysis - Trading Lounge Weekly Chart FTSE 100 (UK) Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Bullish Trend Mode: Impulsive Structure: Orange wave 5 Position: Navy blue wave 3 Direction Next Higher Degrees: Orange wave 5 (continue) Details: Orange wave 4 is completed. Now orange wave 5 is in play. Wave cancellation/invalidation level: 7,920.18 The FTSE 100 weekly Elliott Wave analysis indicates that the market is currently following a bullish trend with an impulsive mode, suggesting strong upward momentum. The primary wave structure under focus is orange wave 5, which is part of the larger bullish wave sequence. The market is positioned in navy blue wave 3, indicating the continuation of this bullish trend. Orange wave 4 has been completed, and the market has now entered the next phase: orange wave 5. This wave signifies the continuation of the upward trend, with further gains expected as wave 5 progresses. The analysis highlights that orange wave 5 is actively in play, representing the final leg of this particular wave sequence. As long as the price follows the current wave structure, further upward movement is anticipated. The bullish trend is expected to persist unless the key wave cancellation level is breached. The invalidation level is set at 7,920.18, meaning if the price falls below this level, the current Elliott Wave count would be invalidated, and the market analysis would need to be reassessed. Summary: The FTSE 100 is in a bullish phase, with orange wave 5 in progress, signaling ongoing upward movement. Orange wave 4 is completed, and the market has resumed its bullish trend. The invalidation level is at 7,920.18, with the trend expected to continue unless this level is breached. Technical Analyst : Malik Awais Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • USDCAD Elliott Wave Analysis - Trading Lounge U.S. Dollar / Canadian Dollar (USDCAD) Day Chart USDCAD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Trend Mode: Impulsive Structure: Navy blue wave 1 Position: Gray wave 3 Direction Next Lower Degrees: Navy blue wave 2 Details: Navy blue wave 1 of gray wave 3 is still in play. Wave cancellation/invalid level: 1.34189. The USDCAD Elliott Wave analysis on the day chart indicates an impulsive trend, signifying a strong upward movement in the market. The primary structure of focus is navy blue wave 1, which is part of the larger gray wave 3. Currently, the market is situated within gray wave 3, and navy blue wave 1 remains in progress. This wave implies that the upward trend is continuing, with the market likely to complete this phase before advancing to the next stage of the wave sequence. The ongoing movement in navy blue wave 1 reflects sustained bullish momentum, forming part of the impulsive wave structure. The next anticipated phase is navy blue wave 2, representing a potential corrective phase after the completion of the current impulsive wave. This phase may lead to a temporary pullback or consolidation before the upward trend resumes in the subsequent wave. However, the analysis suggests that for now, navy blue wave 1 is still active, signaling further upward movement in the short term. A wave cancellation or invalidation level is identified at 1.34189. If the price drops below this level, the current Elliott Wave count would be invalidated, and the market's wave structure would need to be reassessed. As long as the price remains above this level, the bullish trend within navy blue wave 1 of gray wave 3 is expected to persist. Summary: USDCAD is in an impulsive phase, with navy blue wave 1 of gray wave 3 still in progress. The market is in an upward trend, with an invalidation level at 1.34189. The next phase will likely involve a corrective movement in navy blue wave 2.   U.S. Dollar / Canadian Dollar (USDCAD) 4 Hour Chart USDCAD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Orange wave 4 Position: Navy blue wave 1 Direction Next Higher Degrees: Orange wave 5 Details: Orange wave 3 is complete, and orange wave 4 is now in play. Wave cancellation/invalidation level: 1.35418. The USDCAD Elliott Wave analysis on the 4-hour chart presents a counter-trend scenario, focusing on a corrective pattern. The primary wave structure under analysis is orange wave 4, marking a corrective phase after the completion of the previous impulsive movement in orange wave 3. The analysis indicates that orange wave 3 has concluded, and the market is now progressing through orange wave 4. This wave represents a corrective movement within the broader wave sequence, typically characterized by consolidation or a pullback. Orange wave 4 is expected to act as a temporary retracement before the market resumes its upward movement in orange wave 5. At this stage, the market is positioned within navy blue wave 1, which is part of orange wave 4. This signals the initiation of the corrective phase, with the market currently moving through this retracement period as it prepares for the eventual continuation of the larger upward trend in orange wave 5. The analysis identifies a wave cancellation or invalidation level at 1.35418. Should the price fall below this level, the current wave count and analysis would be invalidated, requiring a reassessment of the market's wave structure. However, as long as the price remains above this level, the corrective phase of orange wave 4 is expected to continue, with potential for upward movement in orange wave 5 once the correction concludes. Summary: USDCAD is in a corrective phase, with orange wave 4 in progress following the completion of orange wave 3. The market is currently consolidating or retracing during this phase. The invalidation level is set at 1.35418, with an upward movement likely after orange wave 4 completes, leading into orange wave 5. Technical Analyst : Malik Awais Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • ASX: CSL LIMITED - CSLElliott Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (1D Chart) Greetings, Our Elliott Wave analysis today updates the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) with CSL LIMITED - CSL. We see bullish potential with wave iii-grey, but need to wait a bit until wave ii-grey ends. ASX: CSL LIMITED - CSL1D Chart (Semilog Scale) Analysis Function: Major trend (Minute degree, navy) Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave i-grey of Wave (iii)-orange of Wave ((iii))-navy Details: The 1D chart shows things more clearly than the 1W chart. So, wave (ii)-orange may have ended, and wave (iii)-orange is starting to push higher. I will look for a Long Trade Setup when the Major Level 100.00 becomes tested support. Invalidation point: 283.35   ASX: CSL LIMITED - CSL4-Hour Chart Analysis Function: Major trend (Minute degree, navy) Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((4))-navy of wave i-grey of Wave (iii)-orange. Details: Looking closer from the low at 283.85, I see a five-wave pushing higher, perhaps as we are in wave ((4))-navy, and then we move higher with wave ((5))-navy, and that will complete the entire i-grey wave. Then wave ii-grey pushes lower, and we will Go Long when the Major Level 300.00 becomes tested support by price staying above it afterwards.  Invalidation point: 283.85 Conclusion: Our analysis, forecast of contextual trends, and short-term outlook for ASX: CSL LIMITED - CSLaim to provide readers with insights into the current market trends and how to capitalize on them effectively. We offer specific price points that act as validation or invalidation signals for our wave count, enhancing the confidence in our perspective. By combining these factors, we strive to offer readers the most objective and professional perspective on market trends. Technical Analyst: Hua (Shane) Cuong, CEWA-M (Master’s Designation). Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here! Tags: #CSLLIMITED #CSL #ElliottWave #TradingLounge #ASX #ASXStocks #ASX200
us