Another day, another loss.

Zut alors Peregrin Took, I could save myself a lot of money 😮

From a psychological perspective it was Freud who made the first serious contribution to the psychology of gambling by claiming that gambling was a repetitious substitute for masturbation. He argued there were many parallels between the two behaviours including the importance of ‘play’, the exciting and frantic activity of the hands, the irresistibility of the urge, the intoxicating pleasure, the repeated resolutions to stop the activity, and the enormous feelings of guilt once the activity was completed. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/in-excess/201303/licensed-thrill

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HMB said:

She started out as a trader and ended up getting a proper job as a career coach / psychoanalyst lol.

Notice that EVERYONE abandons trading as soon as they can possibly find something better.

Edited by dmedin
1 hour ago, HMB said:

Towards the end she talks about a Manhattan psychoanalytical outfit 'curing' schizophrenia by talking.  That is not a mainstream view ... she is quite possibly a chancer and a quack.  But a well-paid one no doubt.

Edited by dmedin

I lost my nerve today.  If I had kept my stops where they were and let the trades run I would have made money.  (Except on the Nasdaq, which reversed sharply, but that has turned into a shorting opportunity on the day - so probably will get the money back.)

Here we go, I've got enough mojo back to try again next week :)

Edited by dmedin
25 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Towards the end she talks about a Manhattan psychoanalytical outfit 'curing' schizophrenia by talking.  That is not a mainstream view ... she is quite possibly a chancer and a quack.  But a well-paid one no doubt.

Helping people to cope with schizophrenia with talking therapy yes, CURING it I don't think so.

17 minutes ago, DSchenk said:

You only in your second year? Lucky you

Call me when you're beyond year 3 and still not making bucks - then we're talking :D 

You think I should try another year and continue to be a cash cow for the winning 5%? :) 

I just had a brilliant idea🙃

a new IG reversed account 

When the trader click on buy IG sell and when the trader click on sell IG buy

Like this, trader click on buy and set a stop but IG change to order to sell short with a take profit at the same place as the traders stop

24 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I just had a brilliant idea🙃

a new IG reversed account 

When the trader click on buy IG sell and when the trader click on sell IG buy

Like this, trader click on buy and set a stop but IG change to order to sell short with a take profit at the same place as the traders stop

IG lives off desperate, gullible, greedy punters like me.  There's a well-known secret in the financial services industry, and it is this: the only people who consistently make money are the brokers, advisers and other Shylocks and middle-men who take home enormous commissions, fees and salaries :)

The stock market is the cancer of international financial capitalism that is bringing the world to its knees and putting us all into debt slavery.