Demo API not working

andysinclair

Question

I'm seeing problems with the Demo API in fact I can't even logon, either through my own application or on the API Companion.

I have reset my username and password and created a new API Key, all to no avail.

I suspect the demo systems is experiencing some sort of outage, can somebody from IG check please?

cc @CharlotteIG

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

I have the same problem, not only with the demo system but also with the live account. I can reproduce it easily with the IG API Companion:
  - Login
  - GET session details (repeatedly click on GET, with e.g. 10sec pause in between)
about 50% of the calls to get session details will fail with a 500 error, the other 50% will work fine

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      14/01/21 09:51

Newest Member
    PeterDawson
    Joined 27/01/21 23:07
    • This is quite far of the mark i.e. missing facts to be inflammatory.  Merck dropped development of their vaccine candidates, following phase 1 trials.  Their finding (which will be published for peer review to stop try and stop nonsense such as the article posted here), showed that their candidate vaccines were not effective.  The immune response was inferior to those seen following natural infection ***and those reported for other SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 vaccines.*** Merck are continuing to invest in covid related therapeutics. 
    • Hi Guys  I have been talking to CMC Markets in last few months and have already used their demo platform . it perfect and service appears to be good, I spoke to them today and they have no problem with their problem .IG has delibrately manipulated the platform today and i as a day trader have lost quite a lot . i will be definately signing up with cmc and also tonight at 8.15 the platform was again out , i could not deal on spread betting between 8.15 and 9.00 pm   
    • didn't bother me too much, but as i successfully logged in about 4.00pm uk time, i did notice that flash was down and was presented with spreadsheet etc, it was all over the place and couldn't make any sense of it. its back now, i have my dark mode all in order! but, some of you are correct about the site, this is the 3rd time in a week its happened! apologies without explanation are not enough!