Jump to content
  • 0

Why can’t I trade CFD’s?


Itsbecauseofthem

Question

I’ve been practicing on the CFD market on the demo, since regular markets take far too long to drop or rise. 
 

however when I opened a ‘proper’ account it won’t let me buy or trade CFD’s. I heard you need 10k in order to trade? Fair enough. I also heard you need 500k, I find that ridiculous.

 

how do I open a CFD account, this is driving me nuts!

Link to post

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
10 minutes ago, Itsbecauseofthem said:

I’ve been practicing on the CFD market on the demo, since regular markets take far too long to drop or rise. 
 

however when I opened a ‘proper’ account it won’t let me buy or trade CFD’s. I heard you need 10k in order to trade? Fair enough. I also heard you need 500k, I find that ridiculous.

 

how do I open a CFD account, this is driving me nuts!

Hi, you don't say what account type you have opened. In your 'My IG' page there should be a blue box 'open an account' with all the different accounts available listed, choose cdf live and follow the instuctions, you need to be accepted on proof of income and what ever. I think £250 is the min add funds but will need probably twice that for margin to trade even the cheapest markets.

Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, you don't say what account type you have opened. In your 'My IG' page there should be a blue box 'open an account' with all the different accounts available listed, choose cdf live and follow the instuctions, you need to be accepted on proof of income and what ever. I think £250 is the min add funds but will need probably twice that for margin to trade even the cheapest markets.

Hi, this is the problem, it only allows me to choose "share trading", there's nothing else, what do I do?

Link to post
  • 0
22 minutes ago, Itsbecauseofthem said:

Hi, this is the problem, it only allows me to choose "share trading", there's nothing else, what do I do?

There are more stringent critera for opening a levearged acount as you only laying down a small portion of the full cost. If not listed in your My IG page try the web site route. (if trading in the IK check the page for difference between CFD and Spread Bet account).

Open a CFD Account | Trade with the UK's Top CFD Provider | IG UK

Link to post
  • 0
5 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

There are more stringent critera for opening a levearged acount as you only laying down a small portion of the full cost. If not listed in your My IG page try the web site route. (if trading in the IK check the page for difference between CFD and Spread Bet account).

Open a CFD Account | Trade with the UK's Top CFD Provider | IG UK

'trading in the UK not IK 

Link to post
  • 0
32 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

There are more stringent critera for opening a levearged acount as you only laying down a small portion of the full cost. If not listed in your My IG page try the web site route. (if trading in the IK check the page for difference between CFD and Spread Bet account).

Open a CFD Account | Trade with the UK's Top CFD Provider | IG UK

Arghh! This is so frustrating! I'm based in Australia by the way, it keeps trying to get me to make a new account, and support isn't answering my emails.

Link to post
  • 0
14 minutes ago, Itsbecauseofthem said:

Arghh! This is so frustrating! I'm based in Australia by the way, it keeps trying to get me to make a new account, and support isn't answering my emails.

The accounts are all seperate and as said there are differing critera for leveraged and non-leveraged so you do need to create a new account.

If starting with a share account you need more personal info for a leveared account but adding a share account when you already have a cfd account there is no extra docs needed.

Link to post
  • 0
21 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

The accounts are all seperate and as said there are differing critera for leveraged and non-leveraged so you do need to create a new account.

If starting with a share account you need more personal info for a leveared account but adding a share account when you already have a cfd account there is no extra docs needed.

I've just tried opening another account, they locked it. I feel like I keep hitting a wall here, I've had to make 2 new accounts now, because support will not answer emails or the phones.

Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Itsbecauseofthem said:

I've just tried opening another account, they locked it. I feel like I keep hitting a wall here, I've had to make 2 new accounts now, because support will not answer emails or the phones.

ok, you should be able to open a cfd account as well as your share dealing account though it takes time because of the additional paper work you need to supply.

Maybe @CharlotteIG can pass a message on to IG Australia for you?

Link to post
  • 0
12 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

ok, you should be able to open a cfd account as well as your share dealing account though it takes time because of the additional paper work you need to supply.

Maybe @CharlotteIG can pass a message on to IG Australia for you?

If she could do that that would be great.

Link to post
  • 0
On 19/02/2021 at 12:35, Caseynotes said:

ok, you should be able to open a cfd account as well as your share dealing account though it takes time because of the additional paper work you need to supply.

Maybe @CharlotteIG can pass a message on to IG Australia for you?

Thanks @Caseynotes :) 

On 20/02/2021 at 01:33, Itsbecauseofthem said:

If she could do that that would be great.

Hey, 

When you open a CFD account sometimes additional information is needed before we can open it. From what I can see it looks like your CFD account was declined after 45 days. Could you kindly attempt to open another CFD account from the MyIG page. I will contact someone in our AUS office to reach out to you and assist you with opening one up if you can't open it from MyIG.

All the best. 

Link to post
  • 0
12 hours ago, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks @Caseynotes :) 

Hey, 

When you open a CFD account sometimes additional information is needed before we can open it. From what I can see it looks like your CFD account was declined after 45 days. Could you kindly attempt to open another CFD account from the MyIG page. I will contact someone in our AUS office to reach out to you and assist you with opening one up if you can't open it from MyIG.

All the best. 

Hi, I tried to open another CFD account but it isn't there for me to select. I did try creating another account, however, it was declined and it said I already had an account and suspended the account I tried to create.

Link to post
  • 0
On 22/02/2021 at 22:13, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks @Caseynotes :) 

Hey, 

When you open a CFD account sometimes additional information is needed before we can open it. From what I can see it looks like your CFD account was declined after 45 days. Could you kindly attempt to open another CFD account from the MyIG page. I will contact someone in our AUS office to reach out to you and assist you with opening one up if you can't open it from MyIG.

All the best. 

Hi Charrlotte, for some reason my application keeps getting rejected. What is it exactly that I'm missing? Aren't there systems in place from preventing me from trading any further than what I can afford? Yet I'm still not allowed to trade with CFD's??

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
On 27/02/2021 at 07:10, Itsbecauseofthem said:

Hi Charrlotte, for some reason my application keeps getting rejected. What is it exactly that I'm missing? Aren't there systems in place from preventing me from trading any further than what I can afford? Yet I'm still not allowed to trade with CFD's??

I will get someone to give you a call on Monday/ Tuesday. 

All the best 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      15,185
    • Total Posts
      73,296
    • Total Members
      61,662
    • Most Online
      5,137
      14/01/21 09:51

    Newest Member
    SWAMINATHAN
    Joined 16/05/21 02:20
  • Posts

    • Hi, I'm fairly new to the community and I've started out looking into stocks I'm familiar with. One of these is Standard Life Aberdeen PLC (LON: SLA). In the screenshot below you can a general (albeitvery gradual) uptrend on the Daily chart since late-March 2020 which I've highlighted in Green. However, since mid-February 2021 there has been an intra-trend move downwards (highlighted in Red) and these points look set to cross in the coming days. Daily Chart Thoughts My natural bias is towards being bullish on this stock. But I'm waiting to see how the shareprice behaves over the next week. So I'm interested to see what other think on this stock and if there are other factors you think are important to consider?   Have a good weekend anyway folks.
    • process check , mike check , paycheque..... I actually missed this move ... 😅 .... Very hard trying to juggle a 50plus hour week and trading ..... any way here is the follow up from my post on the FTSE from  11-05-2021👇     With the greatest respect to IG INDEX , it's not time to be bearish .... not yet at least..... Here is what the FTSE did a few days later.........  
    • Yeah........ so that happened ...
×
×
  • Create New...